Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fixed my transom, trying not to spam.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fixed my transom, trying not to spam.

Guys,

So my transom was cracking at the top, and trying to "pull" out from the weight of the motor. Especially when trailered, while hitting bumps in the road, and under the initial thrust of taking off while at the lake. I didn't know if I could find an aluminum welder in my area, so I looked on the web for products. I found a great one, that actually works. Its called DuraFix, do a google search, and you will get to their page. I'm not going to post the link, for spam reasons. It works though. Also, don't use propane. Use MAPP gas. Propane will not get hot enough.
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using that stuff for years and it's great.
    I've saved myself hundreds of dollars using it and on top of that. I've never had anything break the weld. I've welded from paper thin beer cans to transmission.
    All I ever use is propane though.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how the other guys feel............... but this AIN'T spam and Thanks for the post. I got 14' jon boat with a cracked weld at the bottom of my transom and will give this stuff a try.

You can let the grass grow, but I hate water in my boat.

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I was using my propane torch outside, which probably made a diffrence. I gave up after 10 minutes of heating up, I just couldn't get the boat hot enough. I simply went to the Mapp gas, and WOW! What a wonderful product that will bring old Jon boats back to life!
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use a transom saver ? If so it will save the transom by taking the load off the transom. Transom four times that should take care of it. lol
    Today is a great day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Waylon .........

Quote Originally Posted by Waylonh
    Guys,

I'm not going to post the link, for spam reasons.
    it isn't considered "spamming", unless you are selling/promoting the product for your own gain and constantly hawking the product. Posting tips and information about a product that works for you, and remedies a problematic situation --- well, that's just being helpful. There's a fine line between spamming and a personal conviction that a product is noteworthy. Allow the Moderators to make that distinction.
    Post links, pictures, and descriptions of products that work for you ... and let the moderators/Admin. decide if it's Spam or not. Here, on the Main Forum, there's going to be a hodgepodge of things discussed and shown. If it's "too far" off topic, it will simply be moved to the Off Topic Board. If it crosses the line of good taste, violates board rules, or just "doesn't belong" here, it will be censored, moved to a more relevant forum, or removed (at the moderators discretion). All members "agreed" to these conditions, when they signed up.

Ribit has a very good tip - "transom savers" are just what their names imply. ......... luck2ya ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Waylon, I also like telling the other members about excellent products that I have used such as Berkley Crappie Nibbles, Stren Hi-Vis Gold line and Yum Beavertails.
    CATCH A BIG-UN