Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sam Heaton Super Sensitive 10'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam Heaton Super Sensitive 10'

If anybody is using the SHSS 10', I would like some feedback. I recently ordered and received The Original Buck's Graphite Jig Pole - Redesigned. It's rated at Light Action. It turned out to be more action than what I was looking for with the action moving down the entire rod and in to the handle. I want something with more backbone in it and am now looking at ordering a SHSS. I guess what I would like to know is how far down the SHSS rod does the action go until it starts to pick-up backbone? Or put another way how far up from the handle is there backbone? Any information would be appreciated.

I'm looking for a rod that I can use for FnF, vertical jigging shallow and deep, casting, dipping and maybe?? tight line. I know that I won't get all that in one rod, but perhaps I can get several in one rod. Thanks In Advance for the help.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the BGJP in 8, 10 and 12 and after some time with them all I have adjusted my techniques to use them with confidence. My 8' are my favorites, and wanted to FnF this winter but haven't gotten it done. THe Sam is a real nice rod but you need to feel it for yourself. I vertical jig, troll, spider rig, and slip float with the 10'. I have had a few good bass up to about 3lbs or so on the 10' and they did better than I thought they would. I can't afford different rods for trolling, jigging, pushing, and so on and do most everything with basic tools with good success. Good luck with your search.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of them. I like 'em. billbob broke one of them. He a clutz.

I also have a couple of 7 footers. I like them too.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the SSHS10's and jig with them, Love em. They are sensitive, and they are strong jigging rods with plenty of backbone. I have some 12ft bucks sitting in my garage, which is where they have been for 2 years. The Sam Heaton's and the bucks are 2 different animals. I would use the SH rods for dipping any day of the week and all day sunday. You couple them with an uncle bucks bait caster super light reel and you are in business.

Just a coincidence, but I use an uncle bucks 8 ft jig pole for a casting rod, I think it's perfect for that. I have a spinning u/l reel on it.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just purschased a the SSHS10's for dipping and all so cast 2 1/16oz jigs with it works great.Have always cast to my target.Have been educated (learned a new trick) love the rod will order another one!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and really enjoy it. Its no noodle , The tip is fast.
    The 10' is a little long for casting but its great for v jigging.
    It is sensitive, the most sensitive I've used.
    I was surprised to find all lengths last week.
    When I got my 10' at bps no 11' were in stock.
    Fin

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS to all of you for sharing your experience. I feel pretty good about ordering a SHSS and will do so right now. Can't wait to get one in hand.