Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bucksaw Today

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Bucksaw Today

fished bucksaw today. caught a limit of nice fish but like last trip....it took all day. fished all morning using roadrunners and tube jigs. tried at least 20 colors and fished depths ranging from 6' to 14' . didn't catch a single fish. went to the marina restaurant for lunch, bought 3 dozen minnows. returned to the same spot fished earlier and caught some very nice fish. was fishing within 3' of the bank and 12 to 16 inches deep. i think this is a good sign.

what do you guys think? is the real spawn about to take place? i remember last year's spawn peaked around may 15 or close to that day.

next week still looks good to me.

4 cents worth today.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

i think i will go to truman tommorrow and test my luck i guess i better bye minnows. i am just going to fish from the banks

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from Truman myself. I got my limit yesterday myself, but I caught all of mine on a jigs and most were 12-15' deep over about 20-25 feet. I caught some shallow including a big 13 inch female with eggs but after trying to repaet that pattern for an hour with mixed results, I returned to the deep water jigging that was more successful. I was fishing around Windsor Crossing and down lake down to about the T8 area. A lot of people weren't having any luck (except a few smalls), but I did fairly decent compared to everyone else I talked to. It took me from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM to do it, but once I found some good trees in the right depth zone, I could pick 3-4 keepers off of each of them, if I was careful and didn't spook the mother load while fishing it.

I fished Bucksaw area Sat. and Sunday and caught about 6-10 keepers per day using the same basic pattern/method, but decided to try Tebo Mon. and Tues. to see if they were doing any better.

Overall Truman seems like it is ready to let the spawn commence, if the weather holds out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats good Twain, I am hoping to hit it for a few hours next saturday.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

i have to agree with twain and myself. i filleted yesterday's catch this morning. 9 big, fat females and 6 males. the females were full of eggs and the males tails were bloody and worn. this weekend and next week will be great fishing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.