Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing

Is night fishing under light only for the summer?
    Does it work this time of the year?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I actually do better this time of year than any other time.

Post Thanks / Like

I night fish year roound, with most of my better catches comin during the cold weather nights. .
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well at least after a few hard freeze the bugs won't be there anymore until spring

You guys can have the winter fishing expecially at night. I draw the line at sitting in a boat in the dark in freezing conditions.

I did give it a thought a few days ago when it was about 60 deg F at 3 pm here and I wanted to fish some more. It's getting dark now at 4:30PM here where I live and I hate it getting dark that early. Wish we were back on Eastern Time and not on the Central time this part of the year.

But I too was wondering if the underwater lights might work at this time of the year. Maybe if I could find one of those glass bottom boat with a warm cabin on it I would be able to fish at night in the freezing cold weather. LOL

Up North I think they call it ice fishing in a ice house.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default not too bad

if you can stay out of the wind it ain't too bad -but you got to dress for it - I have the heavy duty thermal underwear, insulated coveralls,gortex rain suits - and you got to keep your feet warm - for me if my feet get cold I am history I can not get warm - so insulated gortex boots and insulated socks are a must

crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Is night fishing under light only for the summer?
    Does it work this time of the year?
    Hi duane,
    Here in central Indiana when icefishing on a local reservoir the bite seems to always turn on the last half hour of daylight. Last year we started bringing along a marine battery and hooking up one of the styrofoam type floating lights . We would set it face down on the ice about 5' from our shanty and it would light up the underneath of the ice like a Christmas tree! Sitting in a shanty with good friends after dark in just t-shirts( because the heater keeps it around 70 deg ) and chowin on some hotdogs and cold drink while yankin up slabs is the life!!! Sorry bout that , im getting distracted by good memories. I guess my answer is yes, they work well even in the dead of winter..............treepotato