Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Going Shallow

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Going Shallow

Wally, I've very interested in knowing your answer to this. At what point do you start looking shallow and what prompts you to take the time to look? Water temps, naturally...but suppose youre catching some quality fish in 14' of water with surface temps @ 56*-58*. What'll make you pull up lines and go exploring shallows to try to intercept those big daddies or mamas when they first hit the back of the creeks? Also, which presentation do you prefer using when you do find the big males or females in the shallows (2'-4' flats) at the back of the creeks? Thanks.

Mr.Crappie is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be checking in the spring on the north end of the lakes when we get 60 degree nights and the red birds are singing, the crappie sre spawning!! Water temp around 60 degrees and warm night = the Spawn !1 vertical jigging in shallow water how shallow depends on the cledarity of the water ! I love the Thump in the spring

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wally.

Mr.Crappie is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Buddy