Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got the fishing permit today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got the fishing permit today

Stopped by the automotive center behind the shoppette today to pick up the fishing permit for Lake Offutt.

First time i have ever heard of them putting a size and bag limit of fish. But its not too bad.

I asked how bad the flooding got, they said the lake was 12' above normal. None of the structures were damaged, which is good. But they said a majority of the trees were dead and being cut down. Like i said before, they will have limited access on the 5th and full access on the 12th.

Sounds like zebra mussels are still a problem out there, despite several treatments. I wonder if they will do what Lake Zorinsky did and just drain the whole thing and let a winter freeze kill them off.

Another thing i like is that they have banned bowfishing out there. I was getting tired of people bowfishing carp and buffalo and leaving them behind instead of taking them.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have to pick up my and the wife's fishing permits and the State Park permits yet. May go to Cabela's and pick them up this week-end. Weather is starting to warm up so need to be ready when it breaks. I pick the boat up the first Sat in April and will take a day to get it set up so need the permits before then. EB
    Chris we will have to try out the lake at Wahoo this year. Should be good fishing now.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

That's right, Lake Wanahoo. Finished building it in 2009-2010. I drove out there towards Czechland and mistakenly took it for Czechland. After researching it, i found out they had begun stocking it in late 2010 - early 2011. I have yet to find a map of the depths out there, but i am sure it will be quite fun. Took about an hour drive to get out there, at least to Czechland, probably shave 15 - 20 minutes off to make to Wanahoo.

I made a deal with myself not to go fishing on your boat until i am under 300lbs. Last time you saw me, i was about 335, packed on a few more pounds since the winter, need to start losing weight.

Post Thanks / Like

we both probably gain a few over this winter with no snow to shovel. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCarter View Post
    I made a deal with myself not to go fishing on your boat until i am under 300lbs. Last time you saw me, i was about 335, packed on a few more pounds since the winter, need to start losing weight.
    TOPS Club Inc. Weight Loss Support
    My wife goes every Saturday morning. She's lost almost 50 lbs. Got more to go, but they are really helping her get there!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and daughter started the Tony Dean Fast Diet last June and she has lost 60 lbs so far. Every 15 lbs she goes to our Dr and gets checked out. She will go on it until June. She is held accountable for what she does. They have a great support team for them. She is looking pretty good lately. Not that she didn't before but she feels a lot healthier now also.
    She turned in her resignation this morning at work. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    She turned in her resignation this morning at work. EB
    If I could afford to do that, I'd probably feel healthier, too!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris in the paper today there was an article about Lake Wanahoo not opening on time. Some of the board members want to wait until the funding is approved before the Game and Parks takeover. The District is to meet Wednesday and consider approval of a three year agreement for the Game and Parks to operate the area. It should be clear after that meeting if the April 1 opening of the lake will happen. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, i am enrolled in the MOVE program with the Veterans Association hospital in Omaha. They put me on a fat blocking medication and have me on a diet plan that keeps my consumption of fat between 7 - 21 grams per meal. So far i have lost 9 lbs in a week, so hopefully i can keep it up and continue with my diet and workout plan.

Doctors told me that given my height, i should be 165 lbs, i told them, that is not going to happen. The best i can do is 210. So that is my target weight by the end of the year.

Waiting longer for Wanahoo to open up will only make the fishing there bigger and better.

I did go out to Lake Offutt today to check it out, doesn't look too bad, in fact it looks a little bit lower than i remember it being in June right before they closed it. Still had a few trucks out there hauling away limbs and what not, the east side of the lake was closed off as well. It did take awhile for it to warm up, by 11 am it was only 36 degrees and it felt colder than that with 15 mph winds. Tomorrow should be better temperature wise, just have to see how strong the winds want to blow. They really weren't as bad as i thought they would be.
    Last edited by ChrisCarter; 03-05-2012 at 10:05 PM.