Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL for CALI

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb ROLL CALL for CALI

Sound off, Who do we have on the California Board? Lets here from ya.

Name

Where you fish

Hobbies

This board is a little lite in he threads and information compared to some of the other state, And I know that there is a lot more of you out there fishing for crappie.

So, I'm Bill I live in San Luis Obispo, The main lake I like to fish are Lopez and Santa Margarita. I also wonder up to the Sierra, lake and stream fishing. Then take a yearly trip up to northern Cali looking for salmon in the Sacramento or Feather Rivers. I also enjoy getting out in the ocean for rock cod and halibut.

I enjoy all of the outdoors. Fishing Hiking Shooting getting back in to Hunting. Have even tried mountain baking.

So let help each other out here, and find some good fishing.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Dave and I am stationed down south at Port Hueneme. I normally fish Lake Casitas, Lake Lopez and Piru. When I get time I enjoy hunting for whitetail, rabbits, dove and quail. I plan on taking my daughter fishing and hunting when I get back from Korea.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Dave
    Welcome back from your vacation. I take it that you had a good time. Let here some stories… The lakes up here are finally picking up with some good action. Santa Margarita is the hottest, Lopez is doing good too.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Trip was nice. I really needed a break. Fished Lake of the Ozarks and Truman about 5 days. Limited out 2 days and the other three we did fairly well. I think that we only had to measure 3-5 fish the entire time I was there. THe fish were big the the turkeys were everywhere. Wish gas wasn't so bad I'd head up there and we could fish a little.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Joe. And I live the Bay Area of California and my favorite lake to fish is Lake Berryessa because of its abundunce of big catfish, HUGE Bass, and lots of Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joe, thanks for answering the call. I have heard of Lake Barryessa but have never fished there. I will have to put that one on my list. Where in the Bay Area? When I was a guppy we lived in Richmond up on the hill. Used to go fishing with my dad in San Pablo Bay.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Dave from socal. Mostly fish near by Lake Perris and Diamond Valley Lake in Riverside. Lake Perris has large size florida strain bluegill and redear and nice size black crappie. DVL, nice bluegill and trout. The spawn is just starting to get under way and will be fishing these lakes through September and then it's trout fishing until next May. Use to go up to the Eastern Sierra's for trout about four times a year, but have a bad back now and can't do that kind of driving anymore. I see most of you guys are from nocal, I know you have good size crappie up there, but any good size 'gills? What is a average size 'gill?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dave, Thanks for answering, The Blue Gills around here are on the small side. When I was a kid I had access to some farm ponds that had some big Gill's in them, but they are long gone. I'll have to check out Parris some times. Where In the Eastern Sierra's did you fish. I like going up to June Lake Loop, Owens River. Ok All of 395..

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrwest
    Hi Dave, Thanks for answering, The Blue Gills around here are on the small side. When I was a kid I had access to some farm ponds that had some big Gill's in them, but they are long gone. I'll have to check out Parris some times. Where In the Eastern Sierra's did you fish. I like going up to June Lake Loop, Owens River. Ok All of 395..
    Bill, definitely try Perris if you can. 'gills average 1-1 1/2# with a chance at a 2-2 1/2. The month of May is best. I've fished just about everywhere in the Eastern Sierra's, but some of my favorites are: For brook trout, Kirman Lake, Bridgeport. Browns, upper and lower Twin, Bridgeport. Rainbows and perch, Crowley Lake, Bishop. Goldens, Cottonwood Lakes. I'll try to download picture of last brookie trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sunfish; 05-06-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, the Gill fishin sound great, OK another lake on my must fish lakes. When I was a kid my dad and I would go up to Bridgeport, Twin lakes, Good fishin I also remember fishing the East Walker River Oh yes good area for trout fishing..

Gonefission
    Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast