Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: Which Ego Net To Get?!?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Small Mesh (Rubber Coated)

9 24.32%
  • Large Mesh (Rubber Coated)

28 75.68%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question About Ego Nets

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question About Ego Nets

I need your opinion about these two nets. Both of them say the nets are nylon and rubber coated and tangle free from hooks. The smaller mesh net weighs 1.8 lbs. and the larger mesh net weighs 2.0 lbs. Here's a picture of the larger mesh...

Here's a picture of the smaller mesh...

In your opinion (hopefully, fact baed) which would be the better net?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the larger mesh ego net and I like it alot. It has been tangle and hook free just as advertise. The net I had before, the hook would get tangled in it everytime I used it.
    You will become like those with which you associate.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends, if you pull crank baits the is the way to go, it is all thick rubber, the other is mesh coated in rubber. Stretched all the way out the thick rubber is very heavy and near impossible to operate with one hand at full extension, but it will hang on nothing, I use the mesh dipped because I don't use treble hooks, and it's much lighter at full extension and easier to maneuver.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

U going to have to start working out Josh to be able to hold that extra half pound, hehe. What josh said is a good explanation of the nets though. I prefer the larger rubber over the rubber coated but then again we also pull cranks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i have the large rubber one and really like it,but i pull cranks ,i have never used the other one

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

.2 lb ain't that much extra weight for a Ga boy. I have the large one.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

i have had both nets and greatly prefer the large rubber one. I spider rig and do not pull cranks. The smaller net kept hanging my hooks even tho i only use two. The extra weight is not a factor if you know how to use a net properly. Bring your fish to the surface and keep its head up, simply extend the net with one hand with about 12-14 inches of it braced against your forearm, do not plunge the net but lay the front of it a couple inches below the waters surface and slide the fish into the net. then lift up using both hands if you have to. Practice with even your small fish and when the big one bites you will be ready.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the larger also. Love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    Depends, if you pull crank baits the is the way to go, it is all thick rubber, the other is mesh coated in rubber. Stretched all the way out the thick rubber is very heavy and near impossible to operate with one hand at full extension, but it will hang on nothing, I use the mesh dipped because I don't use treble hooks, and it's much lighter at full extension and easier to maneuver.
    We need to get you up here and fee ya some of this Ohio corn to beef ya up King.Rofl I use the larger one, both pull cranks and jig, never had any problems with hook tangles, extending the handle or anything else, just love the net.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha yeah yeah I shoulda known that was comin, ever pushed 1/16 oz jigs in two foot of clear water with 16 fters in a tourney, catchin two lb specks? Don't have enough handle to tuck it under my forearm, thanks for the lesson though feesh, seriously I put both of those nets in the hands of a lot of fishermen, and most people declare the think rubber to end heavy, I don't hang hooks in mine, but a split second could mean the difference in a check. Handicrappie your wider than I am tall, so I dont wanna hear it!!!!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast