Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hand control adapter for Minn Kota Maxxum foot controll trolling motor ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand control adapter for Minn Kota Maxxum foot controll trolling motor ?

I have seen a few in use on the water, but don't know where to get one ?

I prefer a foot contolled motor instead of an Auto Pilot, because I like to shoot docks, work
    channel ledges and timber, and frequently fish when the wind is howling. An Auto Pilot is great
    for long line trolling, but not for the other types of fishing I like to do.

I don't like setting with my foot on the trolling motor foot control all day to keep the boat straight,
    and if you stand up to net a fish or streach, the boat turns left or right. To solve my problem,
    I am looking for one of those clamp on adapters that has a hand tiller for the foot controlled motors.
    All I can find are adapters for hand controlled motors; which don't have the long arm that clamps on
    the lower part of the motor shaft that turns - instead of the fixed shaft on hand tiller motors.

Any suggestions to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

banghead Thanks Pop
    Take a Kid fishing, keep only enough to eat, and release the rest to spawn again. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

If my memory serves me right, they were called "Trollin Buddy's" I think. They were originally made to stick on a tm if the cable broke so you could still fish. Haven't seen one in a while. Years ago you could get one from BPS.