Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how's spring lake in Macomb doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how's spring lake in Macomb doing?

I used to go to school at Western from 00-04 and did a lot of fishing at spring lake. Many days I would catch probably 50 crappie(rented a boat sometimes) but no keeper size. In fact I can't think of 5 keepers I've ever caught there. I know the DNR have been stocking musky in there for about 3 years now, so I was wondering if that's helped the crappie population.

Post Thanks / Like

Went Sat. Got 15, 1/2 pound to 3/4 size and had 2,1pounders and they are on the banks.

Post Thanks / Like

nate dog, i was there from '98-'02. most of the things i did at spring lake are not allowed to be mentioned on this forum or elsewhere.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Denny, is Spring Lake near Macomb as low as it was last year? I wanted to try it last year but the docks were so high out of the water my wife would have had a heck of a time getting out of the boat if we tried using the docks.

Post Thanks / Like

Kenny the water is a little higher than last year and they put in new ramps and dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that it sounds like the crappie population is getting better. Have you seen any musky? With that huge shad population they should grow pretty fast. What did you get the crappie on? Seems like I always did well on purple and chartreuse tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not see any musky, I been using black and chartreuse.