Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Colorado Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colorado Crappie

Hey I am going to be in colorado for a month or so this summer and will be having papermouth withdraw. I read a post awhile back on here some where where they caught some nice fish around Loveland possibly. I will be in breckenridge if anybody has any info or tips for finding some fish within an hour or so from there. I would appreciate any info you have.
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

I moved from Colorado a couple of years ago. Fishing there is mostly for trout, sepecially since you are going to be in the mountains. That being said, I used to fish bass and crappie at Frank Easemont Ponds in Windsor, using soft plastic jerkbaits. Another good spot i had was Promentory Park in Greeley. This is where the State Farm complex is. They have three small ponds seperated by waterfalls,with picnic areas. Small plastics moved under a bobber worked well for crappie. For bass any soft jerk bait would work. In the mountains small spinners like panther martins worked for trout. Carter lake in the Mountains outside of Loveland was always good for trout and splake. Hope this helps a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabscab View Post
    Hey I am going to be in colorado for a month or so this summer and will be having papermouth withdraw. I read a post awhile back on here some where where they caught some nice fish around Loveland possibly. I will be in breckenridge if anybody has any info or tips for finding some fish within an hour or so from there. I would appreciate any info you have.
    I would forget crappie for a month and take advantage of the world-class trout fishing in that area. Spend a day with a guide, soak up as much info as you can, and go nuts on the trout! Here are two excellent guide services:

Breckenridge Outfitters

Colorado Fly Fishing Guide Service

Seriously, check it out. If I was in Breckenridge for a month, crappie would be the furthest thing from my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

the dreaded T word, I figured this would come up. I do enjoy trout fishing some I lived in Breck for a couple years after high school and fished the Blue river quite a bit it is a good time for sure especially below the dillon resivor dam lot of good browns and rainbows in those waters. I guess I might have to resort to the trout or just hold out until I am leaving and hit john martin res in southeast Co for some crappie.
    will fish for food