Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glen Elder Habitat Day Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glen Elder Habitat Day Update

It looks like we're all set to sink several hundred trees on March 10th and 11th. We'll plan on meeting at 8:00 on Saturday morning at the Schoen's Cove boat ramp. This is the double lane ramp on the south side of the reservoir between the bluffs and Mill Creek. If you need directions, I can send them to you. If you can't get there until later, that is fine as we'll probabaly work until 4 or 5 that day. The Waconda Lake Association is providing pizza on Saturday and a fried chicken dinner Sunday so you might as well come for the free food if nothing else.

Bring a good pair of work gloves, something to drink, chainsaw and/or ATV if you have one and are willing to use it, and clothing appropriate for the weather that day.

We plan on cutting 300-400 cedar trees during the week and should have them ready to start dragging down to the boat ramp Saturday morning.

If you can't make it this weekend, it looks like we'll be doing an additional day on March 17th so you can come that day if you like.

Send me an email ([email protected]) or just reply to this message and let me know if you plan on coming so we can get a head count for the food.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, Slabbyjoe and myself will be coming to help, I think I know about where the ramp is located, it is south across the causway and then east?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ron, that's great to hear you guys can make it Saturday. It looks like we may have upwards of 20 volunteers so we should be able to get a lot done.

To get to Schoen's Cove boat ramp, drive south across the causeway and take the first road to the east. This will take you past Mill Creek. Follow this road for two miles, then turn north and drive 1.5 miles to the ramp.

See you guys bright and early Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be out there to but my parents are coming over from MO to fish. I may stop bye and say hello if we get a chance.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Springhill Duckman, taking my boat, doing some work and fishing. If you see a red tracker, stop by and say hi.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not following you vacume cleaners around. I want to get my parents into fish not empty water!!! Just kidding, like wise please stop bye if you see Dakota in the green boat.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not fair bringing a fish sniffing dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I will be there saturday for sure.