Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: is the wind bad on Pomm

Post Thanks / Like

Default is the wind bad on Pomm

need to get up there and looks like wind for the next few days, only fished pomm one time 40 some years ago, and am wanting to find a better for now lake a tab bit closter than truman at least till the gas barons run us plum out of fishing money.... I have been looking at fair field acc. and bolovar landing,,,, anyone want to stear me in some sort of area that may not be to hard to fish if it is a bit windy....

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hey mike doesnt (shockley32 ) and (Buckwheat1) fish pom,,i can ask my b-n law as he goes there some or the b-head did

IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

It does get windy on pomme (was yesterday) but you can usually find somewhere out of the wind to fish. Putting in at bolivar landing gives you an option of running up in the river to get out of the wind and you can run up lake a couple miles to the first big bend to hide from southern winds and it always holds fish year round.I fish closer to the dam area so others can pinpoint you a spot. Crappiedave posted good results from the bolivar landing area last weekend. Coming from Stockton lake you will have no problem with the wind on pomme. Good luck and post some results.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle might look at light foot nice ramp if the wind is from the north can be tricky. There piles every where close to the ramp. If you don't watch it you can fall in love with that lake. Be fore I moved close to stk. It was my favorate. You can find most any kind of water clear to stained most yr round. The little pond can be awesome. But it will also bite you.

Post Thanks / Like

The wind has been bad however you can generally get out of it somewhere. I haven't been much lately, too many boat problems. Hope to get things back and going again soon.
    Lightfoot has a ton of brush around it, some good some bad. Nemo is another area with a lot of brush that is protected from a south wind. If the wind is out of the west you can get out of it at Wheatland and even a few spots near the dam.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle,if you put in at Bolivar Landing and head up towards the river,as soon as you go around the 1st bend,take it real easy cause lots of stumps you can't see and mud flats that you will get stuck on but once you learn the channel you will love fishing there.Best thing to do is wait for boats to go by and follow them(hope they know where to go).Possum creek (close to the ramp)is good and also has alot of stumps when the lake is normal you can see most of them.There is brush all around and it's like a 4-way intersection,the wind will be rough on one way and dead the other way.Maybe I'll see ya up that way and try to point you in the right direction.That's where I caught those fish up inthe small pockets along the bank last weekend.Just fish banks that had the sun on them most of the day(don't get outa bed to early,midday bite is better)and fishlike they are spawning.