Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 2-27

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 2-27

First off I should probably introduce myself. My name is Trey and I live in Lawson. Just bought a boat (lowe fm165) last month and I'm really eager to learn from anyone who is willing to offer help. Last week I went down to Taneycomo to do some trout fishing and had a good time. It was kinda a scary place to break the new boat in but all went well caught some fish and had a good time.

Now to Smithville. Started off north of W and didn't have any luck at all. My buddy needed a fishing license so while at the marina I asked if the fishing was any good and they recommended fishing the planted crappie beds. Keep in mind im new to trying to find the fish myself. Used the coordinates on the hot spots map and started plotting them into the fish-finder. Found a group of four beds and all the crappie were schooled up at 15 in about 25 feet of water. Got decent bites each time i got over the beds. I'm not going to say I killed it but I was pretty happy to be able to get on the fish and use the electronics. No keepers but still had a good time.

Look forward to hopefully meeting some others and sharing information or lies. I'm not shy about either.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board! Thanks for a good report and glad you found them! Hopefully they will be bigger next time!!!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Truman lake. Sounds like you stuck with it and found some fish. That's what it takes some times. Try try and try again. Congrats on the new boat. Lots of Smithville guys on here and most are pretty good old boys. They usually have a get together about once a month and had a few beers a meal and talk fishing. Would be a great way to meet the gang and learn about the lake and how to go about finding fish. I have only fished it once and we were above that W bridge and we whacked them and some hogs to. I had a good guide that day in the tournament by the name or DoubleD. I think it was late September.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time. I know what you mean about Taneycomo, that is a little spooky if you don't know exactly where to be at times. It can be fun though. Good luck with the new boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch and the new boat! Welcome and thanks for the report!
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site , you'll find alot of guys on here that fish Smithville with alot of knowledge!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from GEORGIA.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome I live in Smithville and fish the lake probably 3-4 days a week Im the guy in the kayak i think im about the only one I also have a 14 foot lowe so if you see me out there dont be shy

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this wealth of information. Maybe we will see you at one of the roundups.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Kearney, MO. I'd say you're not doing too shabby on your maiden voyage to Smithville. Found the brush, found the fish and coaxed a bite. Granted, they were all short fish, but....welcome to Smithville Lake! There's some bigguns in there, but...gotta weed through the dinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast