Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: looking for jig kits

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for jig kits

does anyone out there know of someone putting jig kits togther that has diffrent wieghts colors and hook styles

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the retail kits (BassPro, Calbella's, Dick's, etc) I've seen only include one hook size and style of jighead, plus a bunch of plastics in different colors but all the same style (usually curly-tail grubs).

Some of the more personalized retailers, like those here on crappie.com, might put together a variety kit for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart had 4 or 5 different jig kits last time I was there. My favorite was a tube jig kit by arkie. It had about 8 different colors with 1/16 and 1/32 oz heads. The tubes looked good quality and were in good colors like black body with chartreuse/silver fleck skirt. It was 130 pieces for $10.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by combs1972 View Post
    does anyone out there know of someone putting jig kits togther that has diffrent wieghts colors and hook styles
    You might check out these : Crappie Magic - Online shopping for Crappie fishing kits featuring hand painted jig heads from the heart of the Mid West. My friend Mike Simpson can put together a real nice kit for you. I'd contact him direct, though, as he might be able to customize a kit for you, that's not shown on the website.

You can check over on the Jig tying/DIY Plastics forum, too ... I don't know that any of them offer a "kit", but they do make some of the better quality jigs, jigheads, & plastic bodies that you're unlikely to find on a store shelf.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

x2 What Crappiepappy said!

Crappie Magic has been one of my sponsors for years!! I can tell you from experience, they make jigs that flat out catch fish when nothing else does! Their unique paint jobs and attention to detail are simply unmatched anywhere!

Big bites, full baskets, and God's blessings to ya!

<,"}//>{ Tim
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Contact me and give me an idea of what you want and i'll do my best to help you out.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I custom make a few different crappie soft plastics and I have a bunch of different color soft plastic jigs and some different jigheads I can make you a deal on. Just pm me if you are interested and I will tell you what I can do. It will be much cheaper than the stores.