Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Still catching em'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still catching em'

Well I went out in the pond/lake I live on and caught 14 in two hours yesterday. Rain picked up so I had to quit. I filleted the fish and many of them are full of roe and the few males I caught are dark and colorful. I wonder how long I'll be able to catch them like this. Full moon is soon and I think they might cut off after this one. This is the first year I've ever gone out after crappie, and really the reason I got into it is because the pond/lakes in my neighborhood are well stocked with them. Is this gonna be a seasonal thing?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For sure, the spawning of these fish will be seasonal. Once a year, whenever the water temps start getting around the 60deg mark, they'll get serious about it. The rest of the year, they'll simply try & stay in the most comfortable water temps available in that body of water. But, you should still be able to catch them. They still have to eat !! You may not always find them shallow or close to the bank, but they can be caught there on occasion ... usually early & late in the day.

... cp