Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about Lake Tuscaloosa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Lake Tuscaloosa

I'm not trying to find any secret spots or anything but where is a place to fish from the bank around there? Is there a main entrance to boat ramps or what? I was wanting to go soon but can't find anywhere on Google Earth to park. Thanks for your help
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Also I just found out about Binion Creek....is that the only place?
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

The binion creek boat landing you are talking about is the closest place to fish lake tuscaloosa from the bank that I know of at least. It ain't a bad spot, but if there is much boat traffic coming in and out of there it can be frustrating to fish. I fished there several times last year, never for crappie, but caught several spotted bass and a bunch of bream. It had crossed my mind to try to fish there for crappie this spring. There is a lot of aquatic grass near the shore within casting distance from one of the docks. I also know of a place just a little further north on lake tuscaloosa. If you are on hwy 43 and go past the turn for binion creek boat launch, take the next right onto bull slough rd. Go about a mile and you will come to a bridge that goes over the river. Right before the bridge there is a place you can park on one side of the bridge, and can walk down to water level. Its kind of steep though. The guy that told me of this spot said he caught a lot of bass bream and catfish there. I've only been there once but its definitely less popular than the binion creek spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice.
    Roll Tide Roll