Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do yall think about this new Lowe Deep V?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do yall think about this new Lowe Deep V?

Im not in the market for a new boat right now.........but that doesn't stop me from lookin. Whenever I think about what kind of boat my next boat will be I never can decide between a mod V with a nice big front casting deck for spider rigging or a deep v with plenty of room in the cockpit for pullin cranks and for family outings. I think this new Lowe might be the best compromise. Looks to have more room on the bow deck for side by side fishing than any deep v I've ever seen. Another thing I like about it, on most single console deep Vs there is still a space where the second console would be, on the Lowe, there is no spce left open where the second console would be, the deck extends all the way back to where it is flush with the center rod compartment. Also, this boat has a bow livewell and there looks to be enough room forward of the bow livewell and storage to add seatbases. Boat has an option for aft jump seats that flip down and convert to a casting deck just like on some of the Lunds, all this and its probably 10 grand or so cheaper than a comprable Lund.

I change my mind on what would be the perfect boat for me about every other week but currently this one is at the top of the list.

Lowe Boats - Fishing Machine - FM175 Pro SC - Aluminum Fishing Boats | Muskie (Musky) Fishing and Walleye Fishing | Deep-V
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice to me! I am in the same boat as you, prolly upgrading next year and am really liking the deep V's along with the stick steers. 2 opposite side of the spectrum, but leaning more towards a Deep v with tiller. That boat right there has a huge looking dance floor at least in the pic.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet with those super high sides that thing would be a bear to fish out of in the winds.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking boat. I too am a fan of the deep V for the ablility to handle rough water (although Slab Junkie is correct about fishing in the wind). With the rear deck conversion seating, that would be a good boat to pull double duty as a serious fishing rig and a decent boat to sk/tube etc. with the family.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the Lowe models very seriously prior to buying a Lund Explorer 1825. The two boats are very similar. The Lund has Tons of storage and great in rough water. The cost difference was not all that much. I got priced a Lowe 185WT for $28K and the Lund was just $2k more. The main reason I ended up with a Lund is the Lowe dealer kept trying to sell me the 175wt (17ft) he had on the floor and I kept telling him I wanted a (18ft) that he would have to order. The Lund dealer sold me what I wanted. The spec's on both are very close and either would be a good purchase.

http://www.lundboats.com/boats/2011-...-explorer-boat
    Last edited by KAG; 02-24-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought one and love it. I posted a picture of mine in the "show off your boats" section. Its a black 2012 Lowe FM 165 Pro SC with a 90HP 4 stroke. They increased the max HP rating on the FM165 this year to 90....which was big bonus for me. I did a lot of comparisons. I narrowed my choices down to the Lowe and Lund Rebel 1625 XL. I had been looking a deep V's in this size range for several years. I have watched as Lowe has really made progress with product quality and features. I have ridden in some of the older Lowe's and Sea Nymph's of the past. These new boats have been improved greatly in finish and ride quality. Fishability is fantastic for what I do. I was able to get into the Lowe with a 90HP and 4 seats for almost the same price as a Lund with a 60HP with 3 seats. I personally like the welded hull over the rivets also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a semi-v from Lowe that I bought back in the late 80's. At almost 18 feet with the high sides it will take the rough water. don't have much of a problem with the wind except with winds over 25 mph than if and when I anchor I have to use 2 anchors. Bought it when the kids were little, didn't have to worry abut them falling over board with the high sides. Nice boat but heavy especially when it's filled full with gas, has 30 gallon tank. I now take the little 14 footer since all my fishing is now done alone.

Post Thanks / Like

looks nice. as others have mentioned i've been in debate too. Looking at a ModV but keep contemplating a Lund Deep V for better safety and cockpit space

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawkcrappie View Post
    I just bought one and love it. I posted a picture of mine in the "show off your boats" section. Its a black 2012 Lowe FM 165 Pro SC with a 90HP 4 stroke. They increased the max HP rating on the FM165 this year to 90....which was big bonus for me. I did a lot of comparisons. I narrowed my choices down to the Lowe and Lund Rebel 1625 XL. I had been looking a deep V's in this size range for several years. I have watched as Lowe has really made progress with product quality and features. I have ridden in some of the older Lowe's and Sea Nymph's of the past. These new boats have been improved greatly in finish and ride quality. Fishability is fantastic for what I do. I was able to get into the Lowe with a 90HP and 4 seats for almost the same price as a Lund with a 60HP with 3 seats. I personally like the welded hull over the rivets also.
    How is it in the wind?
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigKyd View Post
    How is it in the wind?
    I've had it in a good wind twice so far, 15-20mph gust and some nice swells and white caps...always windy in Kansas! Prior to this boat I had a 1800TF tracker glass bass boat. For one, getting from point A to B with the boat is great compared to the bass boat on a windy day with rough water. Stayed dry and ride was smooth. As far as getting blown around when fishing...to me it was no more of a challenge or frustration than trying to control my bass boat in high wind. Its not fun/easy in either boat...at least in this one you stay dry and you don' have waves crashing over the bow. I really like the secure feeling of the side walls. I have two young kids...8 and 6...so I like it for that reason as well.

In case your interested....I also went with the Minn Kota Power Drive V2 trolling motor with this boat...always used the cable steer trolling motors before. I was really worried I wouldn't like it based on what a lot of others said. I found it easier to control the boat in the wind/rough water with this trolling motor as opposed to the cable steer type. The motor holds direction (to an extent) without your foot on the pedal. That aspect actually made it a little easier to hold position in the wind. At one point my TM prop was coming out of the water it was so rough...standing with both feet on the deck at times as opposed to one on the foot control was nice. When the boat is going up and down 2-3 feet while you are trying to pivot your foot forward and back on a pedal...while standing on one leg...is no fun.

Just one more note on that....with my deep V, I obviously got the up and down motion at the bow when facing into the wind, same as any boat...but it was a smoother, steadier motion. The bow of my bass boat would literally come crashing down slapping the water. My bass boat was older so maybe the new bass boat hulls don't do that. Just my experiences and opinions so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast