Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Latest at Patoka?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest at Patoka?

Hey everybody,

I am new to this site and I am excited that I found others as 8up with crappie fishing as I am. I live in Indy, and I am planning on fishing Patoka the next two weekends, and was wondering if anyone could give me the latest on conditions down there? I could also use some pointers on fishing Patoka if anyone is interested in sharing their secrets or stradegies about this lake. I have not fished the lake enough to figure it out, and have not had much luck down there. Good luck to all my "crappie brothers" out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest at Patoka

First of all welcome to the site. I have not been hear long myself but I think you will enjoy it. Wish I could help you about Patoka but it's been about 3 weeks since I've been there. At that time the water was still pretty muddy. We caught crappie but most of them did not have any size. I usually launch from the Newton Stewart ramp and go under the 145 bridge. This area has a lot of stumps so that would be the places to check. At the time I was there the water temp was around 63 degrees. We did catch fish just most of them were small.
    Good luck
    Mike
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patoka Crappie

The April 15th USA Crappie tournament was won in the Kings Bridge area up the Big Patoka River. This is an excellent crappie fishing area all spring if the water is not to muddy. Definitly give it a try!!

Post Thanks / Like

How did you do last weekend at Patoka? I was there Sunday fished up the old river channel. I didn't do bad it was a nasty day windy and rained all day till i got off the lake lol. I caught 5 keepers total weight was 5 lbs not bad for a nasty day.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Patoka Friday and Saturday, May 5-6. Spawn appears to be over. Water in the river and coves was 69-70 degrees. Was only able to catch small males in the channels over stumps and trees. Anybody else do any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Patoka Lake

Crappie fished today launched at Osborne caught few off dock then went down channel to walls caught 15 outside of walls lake dam pretty good 12-13 inches fished tubes under float at 12-15 ft

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Patoka Lake

Bass on the weedbeds,caught 4 keepers 15", Crappie on tube jigs and minnows 12-15' have not got the bluegill yet fished 18-19 may fished between osborne,and wall ramps in the wood and weeds didn't catch alot but what i did were good fish ken kinser

Post Thanks / Like

Ken did the crappie have eggs in them and how deep was the water you caught them in?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Patoka Lake

ones i caught had eggs, do think the spawn is not over,caught them in 12-15 ft. weather messed up and i belive crappie moved back out and are waiting for the weather to come back in

Post Thanks / Like

Smile patoka crappie

Crappie are in 12-15 ft they still have eggs,think they are waiting for the weather, weather really messed them up last couple weeks