Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for yall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for yall

How do you folks rate the Richard Williams signarature series rods? I'm thinking about buying me a few. What about the dry hands minnow bucket, is it worth the money?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worth the money??

Anything is worth the money if it helps catch the fishes.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I for one love my Richard williams rods.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Richard William's Rods

I now have both types of these rods. I purchased the 7.5 ft graphite rod which has the fuji type guides and the cork handle. I love this rod.

I won a new 10ft Richard Williams Signature rod this Nov at the TeeZur Memorial Tournament held in honor of Dave Summers who founded TeeZur Jigs. I have only used this rod twice now but like it a lot.

These rods are nicley made and Richard will back them up if you have a problem with them.

They are not very expensive and use the IM7 type graphite (Whatever IM7 really means). But they are very light weight and seem to have a nice backbone too. They both cast 1/16oz jigs very well when using Ironsilk 6 and 8 lb test fishing line and an open faced ultralight spinning reel. I use a Daiwa reel on the 7.5ft rod and a Shimano 2000 Syncate on the ten foot model.

They have a nice finish and even have a place to hook hold your jig on the rod when it's not in use. The guides are very smooth and have a ceramic type inner surface. They have plenty of guides (One guide for every foot of the rod at a min)

These rods compare favorable with the Sam Heaton Rods and the BnM rods. They are lighter than the 12ft long BnM graphite jig pole that I have. The Sam Heaton rods are very light weight as I have held one in my hands. Fatboy or Johathan has some Sam Heaton Rods and they too are very nice rods. He loves his new SH rod. I didn't fish with his rod but he let me hold the rod and I was able to tell how light weight it was. I bet you could fish all day long with it and not get tired. Richards 10ft rod and his 7.5 ft rod both use very light weight materials and they can be used all day long without fatigue IMHO.

Larry from Southern IN also has two of Richards 10ft rods and he loves them. You can ask him about them and I bet that he will tell you how good they are. I know that he has been using them all summer long as he got them this spring. And Larry has been catching limites of Patoka Lake crappie all summer long and well into the fall.

I think you will be happy with either on of Richards Rods.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dry Hands Minnow Bucket

Seeker,
    I purchased two dry hands minnow buckets. One was for me and the other for my father. I tried the bucket several times and opted to donate the 2nd one to the Teezur Tournament as a door prize.
    The bucket is made in Eaton In. just a few miles down the road from my home town and I was hoping that the idea would help my dry cracked hands in the spring of the year. Anyway, #1 The bucket seems to be translucent and light/sun penetration heats the water up too fast and hurts the dissolved oxygen content and the minnows die off quickly. The top of the bucket is clear plastic which allows sun penetration also. #2 The spout that the minnows come out of does not have a way of preventing the water from spilling out. This gives you a very wet boat floor as you motor about the lake and hit waves and or choppy/windy water. #3 The tolerance between the false floor that raises from the bottom and the sides of the bucket are not close enough. The minnows slip between the edge and the false floor and then get trapped under the false floor and subsequently die when the false floor is returned to the bottom of the bucket.
    I really hate to knock a product and would not do so on my own free will. Since you asked I thought I would share my .02 cents worth. I emailed the manufacturer and advised him of the problems that I had and my email was never returned. I told him I was appreciative of the engineering and effort that went into the bucket, but it needed some tweaking to make it worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    How do you folks rate the Richard Williams signarature series rods? I'm thinking about buying me a few. What about the dry hands minnow bucket, is it worth the money?

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

We use a net for an aquarium. Why pay more, when it does the same thing, then you can use what ever you want to keep your minnows in. The only thing wet from the net is the minnow. We usually carry some rags in the boat, to dry our hands on if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dry Hands Minnow Bucket

I would like to thank crappiehunter for donating the dry hands minnow bucket for the TeeZur tournament. I took him and his father out on a guide trip last spring. They are great people.
    I have used this bucket several times. And I agree that there were problems with it at first. But after I started using it for what it was designed for, I really like it. It is designed for using during cold weather to keep the water off your hands while getting minnows out of it. It was not made to put a lot of minnows in it at one time. I usually keep my minnows in my back livewell and put around a dozen in it at a time. Only fill it about half full of water and that will keep it from splashing out while running down the lake. The bucket has been redone and is now easier to move the false floor up and down and the minnows won't get caught under the false floor.
    Is it more trouble than just using a bucket and a net? Sure it is, but when used in the right way, you won't get your hands wet. And that means a lot during those 20 degee winter mornings. The only moisture you get on your hands is what comes from the minnow itself. I would very much recommend this product if you are fishing in cold conditions. For more info on this you can contact me at [email protected] or give Huston Jaggers a call at 765-396-9945 or visit his web site at www.dryhandsminnowbucket.com He would love to hear from you. My oppinion is they are well worth the money if you fish in cold weather.. (my 2 cents worth)
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]