Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: More on Shrimp

Post Thanks / Like

Default More on Shrimp

Quite a bit has been posted here on one of my original posts concerning shrimp bits. From most of what I've seen here, the fish are taking the shrimp just fine, but some of you are having trouble cathing the fish. Probably because the shrimp bits are too big, or not tough enough.

I am making a new batch this week. If anyone can give me detailed instructions on how to post pictures here, I will photograph the whole process, show the jigs (including the crappie colors I posted on that page), and show some fish. These will be fish caught just for this demonstration. I'm that confident in it.

(But, now it might take me a few days to learn how to post the pictures the right way. If you want to email detailed instructions, send it to [email protected] Or maybe there is another thread here that covers it. Just let me know.)

Thanks.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post it for you Don, shoot me an e-mail.......or call me, I'll walk you through it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a lurker here for several years and finally decided to join in.
    One thing that people may have trouble in getting the crappie to bite the shrimp is the
    salt that is being used. In curing chicken livers for catfish bait you can't use
    anything but plain salt. If you use salt with iodide the cured livers will not catch hardly anything.
    Happy Fishing
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

porboy289, Welcome to the board, from California and thank you for that little tip. I will have to check the salt that I am using. I have been getting a few lite bites but thats all.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

go to http://www.picturetrail.com and sign up for a free membership. U can upload pictures there for FREE. Once you learn how, you can dnload up to 15 pics at a time fast. I use it for all my ebay auctions pictures.

Here are easy to follow instructions for you to upload and post your pictures.

1. Once you join(its free), Click on the "upload Pix" tab.
    2. Then click on browse(in white box) to find you pics on your pc, 1 browse for each picture. Once you found all your picture to upload, then click "upload pics now!"
    3. next page click on "Get image URLs " in middle of page under "What would you like to do next".
    4. next page just scroll down the page and find the pictures you want to post here.
    5. under the picture you want, copy everything in the white box right of where it says "Forums [IMG] Tag:".
    6. Then in your post, paste what u just copied. It should post a picture like the one I posted below of the roon's I found a few days ago.

Last edited by Charly; 05-04-2006 at 02:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ

To use the program provide on crappie.com to post pictures here. Does not work for me unless I resize the picture to 147KB first on my PC. Which takes to much time for me and it's to hard to try to explain to the average Joe. It's easier for me to upload to the free picturetrail.com site and post it here.

The mushroom picture I just posted has 271 KB on my PC picture folder, and when uploaded to my picturetrail site. It will post here without resizeing small to 147KB. But when using the program at this site, it will not unless its 147KB or less on jpeg pics.