Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spring Fling Results

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Spring Fling Results

Well the weather was not as nice to us as it had been in the past. It did stop raining for the start of the tourney but we got a few showers during the day. The crappie have been finicky all Spring and the tournament was no exception. We had a total of about 85 crappie hit the scales with a total weight of about 80 pounds. Most of the crappie had spawned or are just finishing and the cold fronts have them really confused. Most of the anglers I talked with were using Jigs from 1/16 oz to 1/32 oz and the colors did not seem to matter much as long as it had a little chartreuse. The fish were being caught at just about every depth, from 4 ft to 30 ft, just depended on how you wanted to fish. We had 22 boats sign up for the outing which was down a little from last year, I guess the weather played a part in that. The fish fry was great on Sunday, it rained until about an hour before the feed, the meal was great, thanks to all who helped with the fish cleaning and cooking. I will have some pics later, if I can get it figured out. But here is how it turned out.

1st place- Don York(Don@Eden) & John York 13.3 pounds
    2nd Place- Garland & Jerimiah Limburg 11.6 pounds
    3rd Place- Gerald Cromer & Sam Womack 10.3 pounds
    4th Place- Harlan & Robert Limburg 9.3 Pounds
    5th Place- Tim & Logan Davis 8.3 pounds
    6th Place- Terry Manley(Crappiepappy) & Paul McCoy 5.4 pounds
    We had a 3 way Tie for Big Fish that was settled by the toss of a coin. Don York, Terry Manley & Garland Limburg with a crappie the weighed 1.8 pounds.We would like to thank all of our sponsors, and we will be getting something out in the mail to each of them soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are the Photo's

Hey guys did you get any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Don@Eden
    Well the weather was not as nice to us as it had been in the past. It did stop raining for the start of the tourney but we got a few showers during the day. The crappie have been finicky all Spring and the tournament was no exception. We had a total of about 85 crappie hit the scales with a total weight of about 80 pounds. Most of the crappie had spawned or are just finishing and the cold fronts have them really confused. Most of the anglers I talked with were using Jigs from 1/16 oz to 1/32 oz and the colors did not seem to matter much as long as it had a little chartreuse. The fish were being caught at just about every depth, from 4 ft to 30 ft, just depended on how you wanted to fish. We had 22 boats sign up for the outing which was down a little from last year, I guess the weather played a part in that. The fish fry was great on Sunday, it rained until about an hour before the feed, the meal was great, thanks to all who helped with the fish cleaning and cooking. I will have some pics later, if I can get it figured out. But here is how it turned out.

1st place- Don York(Don@Eden) & John York 13.3 pounds
    2nd Place- Garland & Jerimiah Limburg 11.6 pounds
    3rd Place- Gerald Cromer & Sam Womack 10.3 pounds
    4th Place- Harlan & Robert Limburg 9.3 Pounds
    5th Place- Tim & Logan Davis 8.3 pounds
    6th Place- Terry Manley(Crappiepappy) & Paul McCoy 5.4 pounds
    We had a 3 way Tie for Big Fish that was settled by the toss of a coin. Don York, Terry Manley & Garland Limburg with a crappie the weighed 1.8 pounds.We would like to thank all of our sponsors, and we will be getting something out in the mail to each of them soon.
    Regards,

Moose1am