Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Ever Happened to Fishing Respect and Sportsmanship

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Ever Happened to Fishing Respect and Sportsmanship

Fished today and had a great day. Caught 2 limits, But had a guy follow us around and when we marked a bed to fish he would come by sidescan us and mark it. I started to tell him just wait and I would give him the waypoints where he would quit following us.. I know when I drop them in the lake, but come on at least wait till I'm not fishing them. If I see him fishing any of them I'm going to pull up and fish them with him and ask him how he likes where we put them..Sorry just had to vent..
    What ever happened to Sportsmanship?????
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

BIGBADDAD is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell wiskers to stop following you!!!Does stink. Been fishing the same spots for a week and today 2 boats were on my spots that I had been rigging. Saw the same boats the last couple days....you never know.Were they from Indiana???? Thats for you dbk23
    http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac178/BIGBADDAD/birdpooavatar.gif

www.kicknbass.net

Arkie Jigs Prostaff
    Todd Huckabee Rods Prostaff
    HiTec Outdoors Prostaff
    ESB Prostaff
    SteelShad Prostaff
    Jenko Fishing Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

No actually this boat if from KY and we see him there all the time..
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff

BIGBADDAD is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

And wheres my invite? Promise not to bring the handheld GPS!
    http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac178/BIGBADDAD/birdpooavatar.gif

www.kicknbass.net

Arkie Jigs Prostaff
    Todd Huckabee Rods Prostaff
    HiTec Outdoors Prostaff
    ESB Prostaff
    SteelShad Prostaff
    Jenko Fishing Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

You've got to get sneekier !! Go to the Sixfin rules handbook of deception and check on these rules # 25, 28, 32, 36, and #50!!

#25 Never Mark a bed if somebody is near by!!

#28 Never continue to fish a bed if somebody is coming by!!

# 32 Use the boat to block the buoy marker!!

#36 Move, Move, Move and Move enough to make them tired of chasing you!!

# 50 NEVER TRUST A THIEF!!!!

And by the way Sportsmanship left decades ago but now every sucker that can afford to buy a side sweeper has accelerated the process to the point of no return!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure he wasnt marking some of them..
    Tried them all...
    Podunkideas Pro Staff

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBADDAD View Post
    Tell wiskers to stop following you!!!Does stink. Been fishing the same spots for a week and today 2 boats were on my spots that I had been rigging. Saw the same boats the last couple days....you never know.Were they from Indiana???? Thats for you dbk23
    LOL! Get em BBD!!! Get em!! Keep em off the Illinois boys! Rofl
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any state has the advantage of lazy fishermen. Lazy is those who will watch others and steal the location. A friend of mine took me out last year to show me the advantages of fishing brush piles. One trick he uses is a small black marker he made. Cannot see it from very far away. He also will only take a couple off each pile and then move. Picking up his marker with his dip net. If someone was coming by, he would not land the fish, sometimes he one lose one, but he does not bring attention to a brush pile.

Not everyone that crappie fishes can afford a SI. And many of those are trying to learn.

I long line troll and the problem I have is bass fishermen. If I am trolling about 30 yards from the bank, it never fails that her comes a bass fisherman with a 200 plus hp, right in front of me. Ask one guy, what is your hurry, his response was "I need to get on the hole before you, what's your problem?" This is a public lake.

Sounds like a man driving down a road and he wants his share which is down the middle. Screw the rest of the drivers.

Thank god, we only have to deal with the 10% of the fishermen who are jerks. The 90% of use fish for fun.

See you April 1.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Once its in the lake it is fair game.

Post Thanks / Like

It happed on Green to me Sat. Had the gps from the new hides that the fish and game had put in and a guy came within 20 ft behind me while I was fishing and within 3 ft of my long rods - running his big motor and then cut as close as he could in front of me. Usually have a bass rod rigged in the boat, but not this time. I believe I would have given him a lure upside of his head. lol....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast