Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY Lake Crappie Guide!

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY Lake Crappie Guide!

I'm hoping one of you guys can recommend a good guide for KY Lake. Went down last year and had a blast bass fishing, hoping to do the same with crappie! I was fishing a little around Paris Landing last year but mainly Blood River north. It would be fun to hit up anywhere! Thanks a ton.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

BIGBADDAD is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Old guide on this website! If you're gonna fish somewhere else lemme know, I can help you find a guide on the north end.
    http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac178/BIGBADDAD/birdpooavatar.gif

www.kicknbass.net

Arkie Jigs Prostaff
    Todd Huckabee Rods Prostaff
    HiTec Outdoors Prostaff
    ESB Prostaff
    SteelShad Prostaff
    Jenko Fishing Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBADDAD View Post
    Old guide on this website! If you're gonna fish somewhere else lemme know, I can help you find a guide on the north end.
    I'll be fishing out of Shawnee Bay and could use some guide recommendations.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Rodney Hairgrove, Angling and Guide Service on Kentucky Lake

Rodney Hairgrove guides out of the Big Bear area, very close to Shawnee Bay. Great guy and great fisherman.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure old guy still guides? I am pretty sure thats who I called over a month ago and no return on the call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishing View Post
    Are you sure old guy still guides? I am pretty sure thats who I called over a month ago and no return on the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    That's his web site. IIRC, he had some leg surgery this winter, but he still shows up here now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    Rodney Hairgrove, Angling and Guide Service on Kentucky Lake

Rodney Hairgrove guides out of the Big Bear area, very close to Shawnee Bay. Great guy and great fisherman.
    X2 on Rodney. I have used him several times. Great guy.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,

Here I am. Sorry I didn't get you call returned gone_fishing. It has been a rough winter. After knee replacement I continued to feel worse. Found out my gall bladder was bad and went back in and had it removed. It was full of stones and infected so I was a sick puppy for awhile. Still moving slow. This all started with a back injury last fall that I am still nursing. Suppose to have a follow up on it tomorrow. I had disk replacement surgery a few years ago. Since then I have shortened my work days to 4-6 hours. But last year even with that it was still rough. My knee was giving me fits as well as my back. There wasn't enough ice in Calloway County to calm down my back and knee. Now after my knee replacement it is better but still sore and stiff. Doctor said it might take a year to get back to normal. So I have decided to hold off booking trips until I see how I do this spring. It sounds dumb but being in the boat all day, getting on and off the deck, on and off the trolling motor, etc. really takes its toll. I hate to wake up every morning knowing I have to hit the water even if the lake is rolling and the air is 30 degrees. But that is how it is. As far as recommendations for another guide check with where you are staying. Most resorts use certain guides they are comfortable with. I normally go out of Irvin Cobb. I have heard good comments about Rodney. I think he used to be one of the main guides out of The Moors. I am not for sure where all he works out of now. But if I can answer any questions don't hesitate to call or PM me. If I don't answer my phone leave me a message and I will do my best to call you back as long as I am not in surgery. LOL

Lyndon
    Old Guide
    Matthew 6:34
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast