Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: SideImaging saves the day at El Dorado

Post Thanks / Like

Default SideImaging saves the day at El Dorado

Didn’t have concrete plans to fish on Sunday with the wind suppose to be 10-20mph with gusts up to 25mph, but around lunch on Sunday I called there bluff and headed out to El Dorado to try my luck. It ended up being probably 10-15mph from the south so not too bad.
    First brush pile pulled up several dink crappie and a white bass. One crappie was ~9in and hooked bad so threw him in the live well. Second brush pile, no takers. Decided to check a popular summer white bass hang out to see if they were there in the winter. Nope. Went back to the first brush pile, more dinks, and a small wiper. All on a red/chartreuse tube about 15ft down. Getting to where I had about 30-45 minutes left in the day and one crappie in my live well that was getting lonesome. Headed to one last brush pile, but jogged out of my way to look at a spot on my depth finder. Nope nothing, keep putting along, then I saw brush to the side on the depth finder. Heck I didn’t know there was a brush pile here. Did another pass to get a better bearing on it. Put down the trolling motor, threw a buoy to the far up wind side of the brush pile, and started to pull up keeper crappie. Fish were on the top of the brush down 12ft in 20fow. Bite slowed down and it was getting dark so it was time to head home. Ended up with about 10 fish, don’t know if I found a good brush pile or I just caught them during their evening feeding or both. Guess that will require another fishing trip to find out. Dang it!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad someone was pulling a few...

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,

Very nice report. Glad you caught some nice El Dorado Crappie. Just a reminder... If you keep finding my piles, I am going to take your sidescan off your boat..Rofl

Just messing... Great job and hope to see you out there. You should fish the tournament on April 1st. I will also be giving a seminar on HDS units...

C-ya on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report.Can't beat the HDS with LSS units.Makes it more catching than fishing.Love it!
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

hate to say this kingfish but I think Tim got the other brand...banghead

Post Thanks / Like

Shane - Sunday I was beginning to think that you had caught all the keeper crappie in the lake. Been looking for those secret PVC pipe piles you've sunk, one of these days all stumble across them.
    Yep- I have a Hummingbird unit, compared the two brands for months, but it came down to money. I got the my Humminbird unit about a year and a half ago right before the new HD units came out and was alot cheaper than the comparable Lowrance unit.
    I also saw that the Kansas crappie trail tournament was at El Dorado on April 1. Sounds like fun. Might have to enter and donate you guys my money. haha. We'll see, father-in-law was talking about going spoonbilling in Mo around that time.