Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: toronto part 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default toronto part 2

well we woke up and no wind so decided we would give toronto a go! chatt and ks387 fished some submerged stuff on the main lake and ed and i fished the timber in mann's cove... nada bite, zilch nothing, bout 10 i called chatt and said what's this melvern you speak of, think we can catch fish, he said i'm sure we can, 2/10th's of a second later baller has his rod broke down and the motor fired up! lol... met chatt and ks387 over at melvern. he put us on a couple pile's and then chatt and mike headed out searching, started off slow but endend good. chatt finally found a couple pile's and saw them catching so we went over there bumped him off his spot and started catching fish! we drifted down after the bite slowed and found a pile thru out a bouy and started catching a few and then chatt came over and snuggled up next to us! lol... fun time's for sure! nice being a boat length apart and bs'n and were all catching!!! ended up with a good mess... first time for me and baller on that lake! pretty lake for sure. loved watching those purty clear water crappie swimming upThumbs Up... headed home bout 4 and baller said what's that smell? smelled like burning oil, rubber, i dont know something bad, next thing you know big ol cloud of white smoke behind us, speedometer went to a 100 and the truck just coasted. got off on the side of the road and had to use 4wd to the gardner exit... blew my truck rear end out. so after contemplating what to do 50 mile's from home, we finally found a tow truck driver to haul my truck on his flatbed and tow my boat! got home finally late last night! good thing for tow insurance! now if i just could afford a new truck! lol...gave our fish to the tow truck driver out of olathe, he cut me a little break for thatThumbs Up and long behold he was a cdc lurker kind of.. we shared some info and told me bout a couple out of the way lake's that were great crappie lake's... here are a couple pic's from yesterday! jerkey log, we were fishing 18 to 30 fow 15 to 25 feet down, i had my best luck on silver rainbow 3 inch slab slayer, 1/4 oz pink jighead... other's were using minnow's and not sure what else, temp was 39 deg i think, believe we ended up with 27 and the nice gentlemen at the ramp had given us a few

baller on his knees cooking breakfast for the not so peppy jeff and chatt sunday morning! lol

chatt showing mike how you catch em using the hds8

why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a weekend, good story, sorry about the Truck!

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got home ok good looking mess jeffy poo
    If she only knew how much a fish cost me

Post Thanks / Like

glad y'all had a good time, bummer on the truck, yes on the tow insurance, my daughter sell insurance and she made me get it, said dad you know how you are,,,,

now on the move to a clear water lake, sounds like a deal to me, glad Chatt put you on some fish...

I thought ole Baller was praying to the crappie gods for a good toronto bite,,,, them vittles look real good.... hope you get the truck fixed up real soon.... pretty nice of the tow truck driver to haul your boat and nice move on the fish give away.... big ole

CRAPPIE UP

Post Thanks / Like

Now i know why you bring baller, it better than having room service. Those bacon and eggs are making me hungry now.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report other than the truck issues. Maybe you need a smaller boat to make it easier on the truck sounds like the move to Melvern was a good choice. I will just keep my comment to myself about Baller on his knees in the hotel room.Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Now i know why you bring baller, it better than having room service. Those bacon and eggs are making me hungry now.
    Someone has to look out for those boys!!!!!banghead Rofl
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad about your truck! Glad you caught a few! Hope you find a way to get a NEW truck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    glad y'all had a good time, bummer on the truck, yes on the tow insurance, my daughter sell insurance and she made me get it, said dad you know how you are,,,,

now on the move to a clear water lake, sounds like a deal to me, glad Chatt put you on some fish...

I thought ole Baller was praying to the crappie gods for a good toronto bite,,,, them vittles look real good.... hope you get the truck fixed up real soon.... pretty nice of the tow truck driver to haul your boat and nice move on the fish give away.... big ole

CRAPPIE UP
    you got that right on the tow insurance beagle! that clear water fishing is new to us mudhole fisher's for sure, lol.. but lot of fun for sure! we were all praying for the crappie god's for a good bite at toronto but just did'nt happen but you never know til ya go luckily melvern salvaged our day! the tow truck driver was very nice and forgiving on the bill especially after he seen those crappie! EX POLITIC'S baller did the wheeling and dealing

Post Thanks / Like

never get rid of the boat jared, i'll go thru 10 more truck's if i have to, lol that truck has been nothing but a pain in my rear since the day i bought it! and ed's back hurt so bad he could'nt bend over to cook so adapted lol... but had to get a pic of that cuz it was rather a funny sceneRofl barryG the only way i'll find a way to make a new truck payment would be to give up crappie fishing! and that aint happening so maybe a second job or just pull my boat with my bicycle... lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast