HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twain - 2/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain - 2/18

2012:

Fish - 1
    Mayfield's - 0

Couple days late on the report, but it was tough on Saturday..........not sure if the little cold front lockjawed 'em, or if it can be chalked up to the "February Funk" on Twain, but we only managed to run into a few dumb ones and those were shorts. We finally noticed about 3 hours into it that the wind was coming STRAIGHT out of the east. If I'da been in the duck/goose pit, probably would have picked up as nothing good comes with an east wind.

Put on the water at 8:30 and off at 4:30..........so I'd say we gave it a good run, just one of those days.

Fished the channels in Indian, ran all the way back and jigged brushpiles thinking they'da come up to the sun a little bit, ran back out and fished the mouth, then the bluffs on the way into Dry Fork, and pounded the heck out of Lick. No pattern..........few fish, tons of snows/blues on the move, all in all a great day to be out.

Highlight of the day was italian venison sandwiches and sitting around the bonfire at the cabin after a day on the water..sippin on a 7/7.

We'll get even.

Almost forgot to mention.......South Fork won't open until March 1 according to the sign on the shop, but Cannon Dam was open and had minners, nibbles, and anything else you could possibly need.

U
    Last edited by Route U; 02-20-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You gave it a good try. I also noticed when i walked the dog that the wind was blowing from the north east.

Post Thanks / Like

thats twain in feb for ya! you get an "A" for effort, though!

Post Thanks / Like

it wont be long and they will be on fire up there, cant wait

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Robby, sounds like you gave it a heck of a try. I guess next trip it will be time for me to try sandy creek. With the bonfire at the cabin and a few 7/7's I'd say it was a pretty good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the last couple days with mid to upper 50's temps and some nice sunshine did to wake the fish up??

What water temps were you finding in the upper end of Indian versus at the mouth of Indian or around dry fork?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archer66 View Post
    I wonder what the last couple days with mid to upper 50's temps and some nice sunshine did to wake the fish up??

What water temps were you finding in the upper end of Indian versus at the mouth of Indian or around dry fork?
    Archer,

The warmest water we found was way back in Lick, and that was only 40 degrees. Mouth of Indian and the mouth of Dry was about 37-38. I bet a guy could catch a fish these past couple of days, but now it looks like a little cold snap coming for the weekend so who knows.

U

Post Thanks / Like

this cold snap will shut em down again for a few days. if I were to be fishing twain this time of year, I'd head to sandy creek first. I know it's like "bumper boats" in there but that arm always seems to be the first hot bite of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

I drove over there to look around on Wednesday...did some shed antler hunting and post season deer scouting at one of the spots I bowhunt. I only saw one boat on the lake that day but I'd bet there were a few more.

My boats sitting in the garage all ready to go....just installed some Hi Tek Rod holders and got some new trolling rods so I plan to get started fishing whenever the next warmup comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    I know it's like "bumper boats" in there but that arm always seems to be the first hot bite of the year.
    Exactly why I make it a point to stay above Sandy from March 1 - October 1......banghead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast