Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Sunday the 19th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Sunday the 19th

Hey Everyone.

Got out to Smithville around noon today. We fished the C and D docks at Camp Branch for a little over an hour. Didn't even get a bite. There were about 10 guys fishing the middle dock and I only recall seeing 2 fish come out of the water while we were there. Another gent was just leaving C dock when we got there. He'd caught 3 but hadn't had a bite in an hour and a half. So maybe the key was earlier. He was using a green and black jig. We tried everything from blue and white, to tomato seed, to a 2 in black and chartreuse grub.

We then moved to sailboat cove and fished off the shore on the south side from the dock all around to the point outside the no wake zone. Thanks to some tips from Joe Dog and others we didn't get as many snags as usual there. However we (Deanna) only caught one dink. It was right off the big stump about halfway out from the dock to the point. I didn't quiz her on depth, etc. But she was using her trusty tomato seed at the time.

Once again, she beats me. No surprise there. It was good to be out and to wet a line nonetheless.

Happy fishing everyone.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Bruce it had to be good just to get out!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day to be fishing .. even if the fish weren't exactly cooperating. It's a little slow at Ole' Smitty right now, but it'll pick up quick here soon. Thanks for the report.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day to be out. Thanks for the report Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for report. Maybe by next time we get a Northland Smithvile bull session together it will have picked up!
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Hey don't feel bad, I fished LP docks Saturday with the same results.......not a friggin bite!

Post Thanks / Like

man that to bad.. better luck next time...

Post Thanks / Like

Whew. I'm glad it isn't just me! And yep, hopefully by the time we get together again we'll have some serious fish stories.

BTW, Sailboat Cove was wide open. No ice whatsoever. There was some skim ice in and around the CB docks but it looked like a boat could easily slide through it.