Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: posting a picture with thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Default posting a picture with thread?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post a pic with a thred. Can anyone help?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What's the problem ??

Quote Originally Posted by Firepheonix
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to post a pic with a thred. Can anyone help?
    Is the picture too big ? Is the picture on your "home" computer, but not on a picture "hosting" website ? Give me more details (PM me if you want) and I'll see what I can do to get your pictures posted. ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

look on the opening page articles tips and techniques it has what you need
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

CP, It is on my computer. I don't have a website. I went to the part where it says attachments and it puts it in the spot where it is to be uploaded but after I click upload, the picture still isn't there. Clicking on "insert Image" doesn't work either because the pic doesn't have a URL. I don't have any problems putting them on the brag board.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Set up an account with photobucket.com
    2) Upload pictures. Check the picture size and resize to about 600x400. Be careful, once you resize, you cannot make it larger
    3) Copy the IMG #
    4) Paste # on your post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Best bet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Firepheonix
    CP, It is on my computer. I don't have a website. I went to the part where it says attachments and it puts it in the spot where it is to be uploaded but after I click upload, the picture still isn't there. Clicking on "insert Image" doesn't work either because the pic doesn't have a URL. I don't have any problems putting them on the brag board.
    would be to open yourself an account at www.photobucket.com .... it's free and will hold lots of pics. You can upload them to any thread, by simple copy & paste of URL or IMG address (located below each pic you load onto Photobucket).
    If I'm not mistaken, the Brag Board is a similar hosting setup ... and any pic posted there can be posted here in the board threads.
    Simply right click on picture in Brag Board - when choice field opens, go to bottom and left click on "Properties" - when Properties field opens, "highlight" the "Address" (highlight = left click and hold button down, while dragging pointer over complete address) - release left mouse button - right click on highlighted address - left click on "Copy" - left click on OK - return to thread where you want to post pic - and right click in message box - left click on "Paste". URL address will appear. Click on Preview Post button, below .... URL address will show in blue in preview screen. [url] will also appear around the address, in the post screen. You can simply delete the letters U-R-L and replace them with IMG ... and a picture will appear on your preview screen (after you hit Preview Post button, again). If pic is too large ... change it back to a URL address (in the post screen). The URL addresses will open up to the picture, but in another window ... so a full screen picture won't distort the message screen, for the other members. It also doesn't take so long for dial-up or older systems to bring your post up on their screens.
    This isn't the only way, and may not even be the best way .... but, it's pretty simple to use. It can also be used to post pictures from other websites, or this one (straight from previously posted pictures on other threads).
    Just remember .... if you delete a picture, that you have loaded on Photobucket, it will no longer be viewable anyplace you've previously posted it !! ............. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CP, I will try that. 5 days till KY Lake!!!!!