Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any East Fork Lake Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any East Fork Lake Info

I'm new to the forum and a relative newbie to crappie fishing also. I started fishing about 6 years ago, but moved from my favorite spot, and never picked it back up until now. Got a new boat.

Going to East Fork Lake tomorrow, and wondered if anyone had any friendly advice.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up east fork

fish around boat ramp trees on left .go out to main lake turn left fish trees on this bank all the way around you should catch some nice crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Got to the lake at about 911AM on 5-1-06, the bluegill were pretty active. The Crappie were slower but more active than they were last week anyway. Caught a nice 11" fish, and about 5 that were in the 6-8" range. Seemed they were in 6 feet of water. The "finger" next to the dam was most productive for us, all the way back to to the creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from the Lone Star State.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile crappie

feltch how was the water clarity and tempature?crappie should be spwaning real soon i've had to work late every day i got to get over there real soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default east fork

hey guys i grew up about 2 miles from the bethel ramp at east fork and fish it about twice a week and this has been one of the strangest springs for crappie on east fork i have seen. i honestly believe the spawn is over on the upper end of the lake near clover creek. on march ninth i was catching crappie in about two feet of water and the lake was about 6 feet below summer pool after that i have picked up some keeper crappie here and there around clover poplar and barnes creek but never in big schools about two or three out of a spot is the most you could get. you can still catch all the 6" crappie you want along the rip rap but i have not been able to find any good crappie on the banks for the past week. monday night while drifting in about 15 foot of water above an old house foundation i caught 12 keepers in about 2 hours none of the fish had eggs in them. i honestly beleive that the corp of engineers kept the lake too low for too long this spring and then it filled to fast when all the storms hit a couple weeks ago covering the original spawning beds. just a tip on east fork when there hitting you will catch more and better crappie with jigs than minnows when there not hitting it dont matter what you use.

Post Thanks / Like

The water wasn't too dirty. I would guesstimate the visiblity of about 2 foot with a minnow. It was clear enough that I could watch the bluegill hitting the minnow on its way down.

I caught one keeper almost 2 weeks ago now and she was full of eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile felch

thanks for the information will give it a try sunday morning ?somethings got to start soon.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try on Saturday morning, so I'll try to update Saturday evening. Hopefully I have good news....

oleman Guest

Fished East Fork today---caught 1/2 gunney sack of dinks.Only 1 fish went 11 inches couple 9 inchers rest were 6/7 inchers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast