Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Academy

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Academy

Went to the Crappie Academy yesterday in Tenn(Seveirville) and it was well worth the time. Pros Jared Roper and Russ Bailey were a blast. They schooled us in Spider Rigging,Dock Shooting, Trolling Crankbaits and Deep water fishing and how to apply these. These guys were very patient with us amateurs and very free with their info and knowledge. If this comes to your area it's a know brainer. GO! and make yourself a better fisherman. Lots of info on new products as well. Thanks Jared and Dad and Russ. Hope to see you next year.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, very well done. Proffessional!

Post Thanks / Like

I attended the crappie academy in forrest city, arkansas and i agree it was a great learning experience and very professional. I will definitely be back every time theres one in my area.
    Last edited by Xpress Fishing; 02-21-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I sure like to go to one

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys, Finally got home and got caught back up on things. Just wanted to let you know that I too had a great time at the Academy. Met some super nice folks and talked some crappie. Dont get much better than that! Sure would have enjoyed the water better with a little less rain!!! Still had fun! Hopefully I will see you all again. Take care and God Bless.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

i have to also say that it is money well spent, whether you are just starting crappie fishing, or are an accomplished angler, the tips you can learn and the people you will meet are just part of a great experience, and the day on the water is a fantastic idea, thanks to tommy, jared, and russ, cant wait for it to come around again, and if it comes near you i would highly suggest to attend

Post Thanks / Like

Also have to agree with the above comments, we drove 4hrs from California, KY to attend the class. It was well worth the drive and would do it all over again. The classroom portion of the academy was broke down very nicely even for novice crappie fisherman such as ourselves. Having Russ on our boat for the modified fish-off due to weather was a great experience. Not to often do you get to have a Pro on your boat giving you tips and explaining things in great detail. Sorry for the bumpy ride Russ, your help was greatly appreciated though

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had the opportunity to attend the Acadamy, YET, but I personally know Jared and Tommy, and they are two hard working Christian guys, and they will always give you more than your money's worth. These are very stand up guys, and great fishermen. I can't wait till the Acadamy comes back to my area.

BTW, I know they fished Christmas Eve Day. Their trailer broke down by my store, and we fixed it on the side of the interstate. It was Cold, Wet, and Overcast!!!! Nasty day, but they were going fishing no matter what!!! These guys are totally dedicated to crappie fishing!!

BRM
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 02-27-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure hope we can get enough guys from Kansas to have interest.They would like to do one this coming July at 2 lakes and one is my home lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys! Dad and I had fun too. Even though I was sick and did not feel that great, I still had fun in the rain and cold. We are already planning for next year 2013 Crappie Academy in TN. We might move it back a week or two, we don't know yet. Thanks again for coming and remember you are now Crappie Academy Alumni. Well, my 20 seconds are up see you guys on the water! - Team Roper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast