Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First time on Trumann in four months

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time on Trumann in four months

We fished Trumann this past Thursday and Friday. Thursday, we caught a few fish in bluffs and cuts up from Bucksaw. Made our way to Hay Creek about 1:00 p.m. - we ran into Jerky - he seemed to think that the fish were biting better with minnows or jigs tipped with minnows. He was nice enough to give us a few minnows - tried to pay him and he wouldn't take the money. Nice guy!! Fished the rest of Thursday afternoon in Hay Creek - ended up with 26 good eaters. Friday, spent most of the day back in Hay Creek. However, we did run up to Angle Cove and saw Jerky again. He was spider rigging. On Friday we ended up with a limit of good keepers. Only 4 or 5 fish both days were slabs (over 13 inches). We concentrated our efforts in water 10 to 17 foot deep - fishing 9 to 12 foot down. Ususally where you found under water stumps there were more fish. Only 2 or 3 per spot and keep moving. Jig color really didn't seem to matter that much.

Thursday evening we got to meet Jigging 15 and his family at the Mexican restaurant in Clinton. We look forward to meeting more Crappie.comers. We are pretty easy to recognize on the water - we always have our golden retriever with us. Think she likes to get out as much as we do.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Was good to meet you to. Minnows was for sure the better bite. When ours were gone so was the bite.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. Good people on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

good report wtg

Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons I want to fish Truman again is to meet some of the people posting here. Thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you got into them! Glad the minners helped, I guess I never thought a fish would not eat my jig because of a minner being on it! Plain jig bite is slow right now for me! I am sure some of the better jiggers can and are catching them though!

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. Glad you had a good couple of days on the lake. The weather has been unbeatable for this time of the year!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

On Friday it seemed like the crappie was wanting the jig moving pretty fast, caught a few while turning my boat around with the jigs just a couple of feet down. Sure was a nice day on the water for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

good report, sounds like I just missed you,,,, I caught all mine on jigs Friday.... funny how that goes, nothing against minnows, just like them jigs,,, I took some minnows but did not use them