Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Union 4/29/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Union 4/29/06

Wasn't sure where to head this morning but since I was running late I decided to try old faithful. There was a small tourney going on so there where a number of boats on the water even though the weather went from sun in the early am to rain by the early afternoon. Launched out at 6:30am and headed to a steep rock bank. Took a little work but soon I was pulling in little smallies. Had to wade through the little guys but I struck gold when I headed into a small cove. She put up a heck of a fight and even tried to jump even though she was still cold from wintering out deep. Most of the fish were up real shallow...less than 8 feet deep.

I also found a little largemouth that was holding near wood in about 6 feet of water.

Tried for crappie but the dang sticklebacks are spawning and they would clean your jig of bait before it could get down to the perch/crappie schools. I fished wood structure from the banks all the way out to 25 feet and the sticklebacks were everywhere. I'd give it another two weeks for them to wrap up and move deep before I try for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

OK slab, you heading out tomarrow still, I am not sure if i can meet you there at that time, and if i can not i will try to launch my self and either fish union or go out and try to find you.... Give me some input on what you think.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report slab, those are some nice lookin fish. i went out for a little while in the morning lookin for some bass all i caught was a little trout and then it really started raining

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to change the plan and launch out from Union tomorrow anyway:D. They are on the bite big time out there right now. Let's hope this rain doesn't shut them down. I was going to launch out at 6:30. I can meet you back at the launch whenever. Or if you launch out we can meet up near the Smokehouse or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I can most likely make it to that launch by then, I live much closer to there. Up by the zoo. What will i need, gear wise.... Crappie-Bass?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd bring both myself lol. You never know what we might run into. I'd like to try and pound a couple crappie schools between chasing bass.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good, fishin, jigs, spinners, cranks? I can meet you there at 6:30.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, jigs and cranks. See ya at the launch.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

nice! ill probably see you guys out there tommorow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast