Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Livewell dilemma?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livewell dilemma?????

So I am trying to figure out a way to keep my fish alive since I am going to fish the CAT tourneys this year. I have two options one turn a 25 gallon cooler into a live well or two the seat/cooler in front of my center console, I think it is only about 10 gallons though. Do you guys think 10 gallons is enough to keep them alive for 8+ hours?

Post Thanks / Like

If you pump in fresh water on the regular basis and keep a recirculator going the whole time probably so, if not I don't think so.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't have fresh water but I bought a recirculator/oxygenator

Post Thanks / Like

personally if you fill the live well and keep it going (recirculator) non-stop all day you should be good

Post Thanks / Like

There is also stuff you can buy in a bottle to add a little to your livewell to help keep the fish healthy. My livewells have auto recirculating, they are set to run on for one minute and off for three minutes. But the main thing is to keep oxygen circulating and to try and keep the water from getting to warm in the warmer months. They sell a toho rig drop in livewell online from bass pro shops. I used to have one when I had my small aluminum boat. Just do a product search for toho livewell on the bps site. They come with recirculating pump and hook up with 2 wires to any small battery.

Team Mc Fishing

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

A large Ice crest with an aerator from walmart will keep them alive for days but you must refresh the water. I just take a small bucket (new never Used for anything!) and dip some out add some in. You must also keep the water cool. I freeze about 5-8 small power aid bottles and add one till it thaws out and take it out and add another. Trust me the fish will be so alive you can't catch em. Plus if you get a ice cest with wheels you can roll em to the weight in and not have to bag em. Add gator clips to the aerator and a 6 volt you keep them breathing till they go back into the water or grease lol

Oh and never ever never wash the ice chest out with anything but water NO SOAP!
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

I'd for sure put a bubbler in it!