I went fishing for an hour yesterday and found some suspended crappie out over 35 ft of water about 100 ft from a drop off that went from 5ft down to about 20ft. The fish were suspended at 20ft and stacked vertically. I knew it was crappie by the way they appeared on my humminbird LCR8000 depth finders screen. Huge school of fish that extended a good ways horizonally and were stacked several feet deep vertically. They looked like a big Submarine on my depth finder-- ie a big thick school of fish. Last year I found them doing the same thing and caught few vertical jigging. I have been catching crappie from this drop off most of the year. When they are on the drop off they are usually actively feeding but when they are out away from this drop off over this deep water they are usually hard to catch. They are normally in a negative feeding mood when staging out over the deep water.

I got one crappie to bite on my new TeeZur Chartruse colored 3/16oz gold hook jig head. I added a TeeZur Black head with Chartures Tails crappie soft bodies plastic tube to the jig head. I also added a few Charture Crappie Nibbles to the hook. It didn't take long to catch the crappie. These crappie are not the size that were caught at KY lake but they still like the TeeZur Crappie Jigs. LOL

I hope to catch a lot more fish this winter on Dave and Jackie Summers' TeeZur Crappie jigs.

When you can catch fish that are in a negative feeding mood and suspended without using live bait then you know you have a good designed jig.