Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ole' One-Eye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ole' One-Eye

Went to a favorite brushpile this afternoon. Caught 7 or 8 pretty nice crappie and caught one 10 incher that was missing his right eye! The socket had healed completely and the skin in the eye socket looked just like the rest of the cheek skin.

I caught it on a red/chart.tube jig tipped with a Crappie Nibble. I had already put a few in the livewell this size but after thinking about all that this crappie had probably been thru I just had to release it back to the brushpile.

As I am sitting here writing this I can't believe I didn't pick up my digital camera and get a picture of it before letting it go.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught several like that and i assume it is from a hook in the eye when they were dinks and like you i usually turn them back just kind of feel sorry for them.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I caught one like that a few weeks ago. And it was a 12" fish. Like yours it has healed over and looked like the rest of the fish.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Crappie Pro !/4 oz. jigheads lately. I believe they have a #2 hook. Most of the crappie I catch are hooked well but a lot of the little ones get hooked in the eye.
    CATCH A BIG-UN