Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Additive Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Additive Question

I know that I can only add hardener before my initial heating. If I am not satisfied with the consistency can i add more? Likewise, does the same apply for heat stabilizer and/or softener or can I add those anytime? Lastly, after several reheats can I add more stabilizer to preserve my color longer?
    Thanks,

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use hardener or softener I just get both kinds of plastic from the manufacture but I always use stabilizer. I just add it by the gallon to my bulk plastic but I find the key to having really nice colors is minimize the reheats. You can do this several ways. You can make it up one cup at a time and shoot it till it's done or what I do is my main colors that I use a lot I will heat up 6 cup per color and let it harden then store it in a zip lock and I will tear off just the amount I need to shoot and when I get low in the measuring cup I'll tear more off and keep heating that way I always have fresh plastic in my cup
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax