Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I know. about the Evening Secret

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Now I know. about the Evening Secret

I got the Evening Secret in today. And yes it's a 4 foot long green light. I was going to try it this weekend. But it's RAINING in southwest missouri an man we need it bad the lake around here are down very low. But in a week I'm off for a week and going to Warsaw Mo tofish for blues and crappie on trueman and lake of the ozark. And I am going to try the light then. If it works better than a white light I'm going to build one, and send this $195 one back. I have 90days to send it back.
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted please! I am waiting for a good time to go out for a night trip. When do you guys think the fish will be back on the food, The spawn is winding down now with little activity except in spots.

THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned a few yesterday that still had un-ripe eggs in them-Bandit. I predict the spawn will last another 2 weeks or so. Still catching a few blacks on the shallow brush along with whites that havent spawned out yet.

Drag that boat back down here and help us thin out the population a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

So do you lower this light down in the water or does it float on the top?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile answer to KCBH

It is a 4 foot long green light in a clear plastic tube. It has a cord about 20 feet long so you can lower it to different depths and you add three or four pounds to the bottom of it. It is suppose to draw a lot of small bait fish to draw bigger fish. They say it is suppose to draw than a regular floating crappie light. I will let everyone know how it works after I go on vacation the second week of May.
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a long green light that I have had for several years now and I do know that it draws a lot of bait fish.

My light is weighted and you lower it only about a foot under water. It's name is Fisherman's Greenlight and still sells for about $180 and is 36" long.

I also use a couple of starfire lights at times and really am not sure if the green one is better or not, but it does draw in a lot of bait fish. It cost me a lot also, but is from a different Mfg. I think. Actually I believe it was the first high dollar green light on the market.

It was advertised on TV probably over 5 years ago. Since that there have been many cheaper ones come out, but I don't have any experience with them other than a small one I use inside the boat for light.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Bait Eating,
    you can get green lights at basspro much cheaper. See this link.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

I JUST bought one of those at Bass Pro in Springfield while on vacation. Tried it at the marinia on Table Rock while there and was impressed with the amount of light it put out............ clear water helps. I did not give it a real workout..... guess that will have to wait.

The two crappies I caught still had eggs in em too. I mostly was fishing for Smallmouths so the crappies were a bonus. Landed a 3 1/2 pounder, my first. I now see why you Northern guys like em............. man can they fight!

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the anwser and I will be checking back to see how much you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't bother building one...

you can get them at Bass Pro, Cabella's and a lot of other places for around $20 bucks - cheaper than you can probably make your own.

I found another site www.fishinglightsetc.com that has "high-end" submersable tube lights with replaceable halogen bulbs. $30 gets you three colors and a spare bulb. Even if you don't buy from them, their site has a lot of information about the different kinds of fishing lights.

As for "Evening Secret"... talk about a classic scam. Lots of hype, no pictures and no details beyond the fact that it connects to a battery.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast