Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: O.k.

Post Thanks / Like

Default O.k.

What fish finders do you use on your kayak? I'd like to get an idea of what would fit. I have a bad habit of buying something then having to mod. it to make it work. just thought i'd try to avoid that this time. Thanks Don.

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased a Humminbird PirahnaMax 160 Portable, and it has been working very well. It uses a suction-cup transducer, which I wanted so I wouldn't have to alter the body of my yak. It seems to be a good, simple unit for determining depth, temperature and bottom structure. Now if I could just find some more time to use it!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought me a Hummingbird 170. I use to own an Eagle 320C and was not happy with it, because after a year I had some trouble with the plug on the transducer/power wire.
    If you buy a Hummingbird fish finder you can send the transducer back to Hummingbird and they will send you a scupper hole transducer. They are designed for Ocean Kayak Brand Kayaks. The Ocean Kayak brand has a recess in the bottom of the kayak for the scupper transducer. If you have another brand then you can mount it in the bottom of your kayak and will not have any problems with it other then water temps are off a little. There is a great video on Youtube for mounting your transducer inside your kayak.

Don where are you located at. Yakattack is having a HOW tourney in May location is in Farmville. I plan on attenting. It is for a good cause.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibboone View Post

Don where are you located at. Yakattack is having a HOW tourney in May location is in Farmville. I plan on attenting. It is for a good cause.

Dan
    I live in roanoke, That sounds interesting can you tell me more about that? Thanks Don

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I sent you a PM with info about tourney and kayak fishing.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been looking at the humminbird piranha 170 for mine. an more then likely i'll by the kayak thru hull mounting kit