Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spring/Summer Night fishing (never been)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring/Summer Night fishing (never been)

If you could someone one tip to fishing for slabs at night, what would it be? I've never been, but love nigth cruises in the boat. I would think the best nights are half/full moon, but again I've never been so wouldn't know. I'm assuming that most of you night fishermen are vertical jigging around structure??

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.crappie.com/rango/index.htm

Read this article about nightstalking. It will help you get started. This article was written by Rango (member) from S. Carolina. His helpful hints should also work in your neck of the woods.

And one tip - Be prepared before you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Never run into an area at night that you haven't checked out during the day so you know where the obstacles are.

main lake points and areas where the channel swings into the bank work best for me.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Just started last year, Rango's article got me going in the right direction also. The only thing different i do is i don't anchor like he does, just tie up to the trees. I generally fish in the morning and go back at dusk to the spot that produced the best for me. It allways seems to produce at night. I have'nt tried it anytime but the dead of summer, another good thing is your out of the heat and all the boat traffic...izzy