Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolling With Cranks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling With Cranks

Ok fellows, take it easy on me I am a newby at this, when you'll say trolling with cranks are you'll doing this the same method you would normally when trolling or spider rigging with regular minnows/tubes/jigs etc... except you would have a crank on the end instead?

Please Advise going out this weekend & would like to troll some cranks.

Also, does anybody else ever put out any Carppie rods & while you waiting for them to bite, throw around a worm/tube/spinnerbait with another pole while waiting??? Just wondering:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

There has recently been lots of interest in trolling with crankbaits here lately. It would be great if Jeff White could write an article for the articles section of the website. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am interested in this subject. I have never trolled crankbaits for crappie. What size and whats your favorite? Do you use weight to get them down more? Thanks for your input. Chub

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out my recent post titled Enid Crappie. Alot of crankbait trolling discussion there. Speck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Speck!!!

Appreciate it Greatly!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    There has recently been lots of interest in trolling with crankbaits here lately. It would be great if Jeff White could write an article for the articles section of the website. Just a thought.
    Geez ceb, you guys give me too much credit! But I'm always willing to
    share info, and would like to hear how some of the rest of you troll cranks.
    Even though I pull them all the time, I still feel like I only know a fraction
    of the whole puzzle... You can spend a lot of time playing with stuff,
    boat rigging and trolling spreads, different baits and colors, tackle, and
    my latest obsession, tuning and modifying the baits, to name just a few
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to volunteer you like that. Although you may think your knowledge is limited, I beg to differ. I just thought that compiling all of the info into one source would be great. I think that most people just want to know how to get started. Basics, such as speeds, rigs (swivels, etc.), depths, how much line (and test).

I hate it that I missed your demo at Crappie Camp. I heard that you had a slab on before you could even get started. I guess me and Gooch were a day late and a dollar short.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    Sorry to volunteer you like that. Although you may think your knowledge is limited, I beg to differ. I just thought that compiling all of the info into one source would be great. I think that most people just want to know how to get started. Basics, such as speeds, rigs (swivels, etc.), depths, how much line (and test).

I hate it that I missed your demo at Crappie Camp. I heard that you had a slab on before you could even get started. I guess me and Gooch were a day late and a dollar short.
    Oh, no problem! I'm plenty happy to talk about it, long as somone wants
    to hear it Crappie Camp, well... did catch one right off the bat when
    we first started fishing, but it sort of fell apart after that. That lake, though
    super nice, has some sort of odd bottom contours I wasn't prepared for,
    and the fish were kind of fussy too - but the main thing was, I saw the
    pros struggling to catch five or six, and got myself psyched out when it
    didn't go my way as quick as I thought it should've. But there is always
    next year! If ya'll want me to do an article, let me know who to contact, and
    how to go about it.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

J White I would love to hear anything you got to say about the subject I am new to the Crappie fishing, Been fishing for Bass my whole life & I'm sure I dont have to tell you about the huge difference between the two fishies.

Anyways you want to talk or ramble I'm willing & waiting to listen :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Article from Mr. White

You've got my vote Jeff, if you don't mind taking the time to do it. Just a thought, maybe you could talk Allison in to sharing some information on her Trolling stratagies also:D Could'nt help myself...izzy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast