Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPilot

Post Thanks / Like

Default iPilot

Is the iPilot worth the money? My motorguide is on the down hill and need to upgrade. The minkota foot feed will not fit in my deck, boat shop told me they could build it up but not sure if i want the minkota....

Post Thanks / Like

depends on your type of fishing and wheather you like change or not, they are an awsome motor for any boat, long line trolling cranks they are great, long line jigs, great, open water slow trolling great, fishing in the timber dipping trees, takes some getting use to, it also depends on your boat, big heavy boats the tree thing in my opinion is not a problem. I have one there in my opinion great. I use it on truman, stockton,table rock, down in Arkansas,mississippi, and in kansas ,,,, have a problem plenty of support and great repair service in spg. mo. if needed..... great features, good product, great company, need I go on.... some one stop me.... help

Post Thanks / Like

i have been thinking about them also. What is a decent price for them?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just buy it. If you don't like it you can give it to me.

PS - the iPilot for fishing brush piles in windy weather would be bad ace!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats kinda why i was looking at it and i just need a new one period.

P.S. why dont you buy my whole set up so i can get that new Z8 i priced last night. I ll even throw in the minkota ipilot for free nate....

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnickels View Post
    P.S. why dont you buy my whole set up so i can get that new Z8 i priced last night. I ll even throw in the minkota ipilot for free nate....
    I can't shoot ducks and geese or run lines on the river in a damn glass boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats why you just buy one of each.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnickels View Post
    Thats why you just buy one of each.....
    Rofl.....uh oh......now you got me thinking!!!

The nice thing about the Terrova is that you have the i Pilot plus a foot controller, so you have two options. If one happens to go down, you have the other one. The foot control doesn't seem overly large to me. Some guys prefer the cable-steer, tho, so you might want to test drive one if you have the chance. Another thing about the Terrova foot control is that you have the option to steer left to right with the heel-toe controls, or with the smaller toe buttons at the base. Don't buy the i-Pilot just for "spot lock"....it isn't very accurate. It will keep you in the neighborhood, but it won't keep you dead-on at a brush pile. All in all, I like mine, altho I haven't logged a lot of hours with it yet.

There is a ton of info on the main forum/fishing electronics and trolling motors and you may get some answers there......

Oh, and welcome!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast