Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GORE-TEX rain suits

Post Thanks / Like

Default GORE-TEX rain suits

Was at Bass Pro yesterday checking out their upper end gore-tex rain suits. Basically they have two different models, a Pro-Qualifier suit and the 100 MPH suit. These things look and feel nearly identical to me, but the Pro-Qualifier is about $50 cheaper for bibs and a jacket. They both appear to be wind and water proof. Anybody know the difference between these two suits?

Anybody have any other suggestions on gore-tex rain gear that might be a little cheaper than the Bass Pro line? I'm not interested in any of the Frogg Togg suits, or anything similar. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

like to know myself
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

Been wearing the same Guideware from Cabela's for eleven years and love it. I have an insulated suit and an un-insulated one. I love them both. Never had the the Bass Pro stuff but I'd bet it is good also. Gortex is king in athe nasty weather.

Post Thanks / Like

mine has double zippers and velcro told you that so you can compare it the cheaper one are that way, I never looked when I bought, most everyone on here said they were good and I have had mine 3 or 4 years and they are great.... I think they are the 100mph ones. blue with black , bib's and jacket

Post Thanks / Like

I have the pro-qualifier set for about 5 years now! Been in some serious rain and have never gotten wet! I would say that 100 MPH just has an extra layer in it. It was funny the other day when I took the boat out of the water and took off my jacket how I felt the cold air hit my skin immediatley though a couple layers of warm clothes! That gortex is some awesome stuff, but dang high in price!

Post Thanks / Like

Just send me the money......

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the Bass Pro stuff, I've got Cabelas Guidewear and it's GREAT!!! Not cheap though!

Post Thanks / Like

Dad and I both run the 100 MPH gear and it is bad to the bone...........been in some real soakers and stayed dry as dry can be. I also picked up the fleece lined windproof jacket that I wear inside my shell and it's real nice. I'm pretty sure I can fish in any type of weather when I have all three pieces on.

Yes, it's a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

U

Post Thanks / Like

I have the cabelas guidewaer also. The best rainwaer out there

Post Thanks / Like

The pro-qualifier was recommend to me by an experienced fishermen. I bought a set of the bibs and I love them. I will eventually get jacket. I have no complaints and saved some cash at the same time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast