HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default BIG Crappie

A guy sent this to me while i was fishing yesterday--He was told that it was a 7 plus pound crappie caught in Lake Hartwell, Georgia. Not sure if it is that big but it is a nice one indeed. If you know anything about it let me know. KnappyName:  big crappie.jpg
Views: 9846
Size:  29.0 KB
    Get the net!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BOGUS!!! Beem around and disputed for quite a while, but a neet pic.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahah, c'mon surely everyone has seen this pic by now, Marty zimmer, 4.5 lbs caught in Kincaid lake in march of 2010 on a grizzly jig!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Illinois, somebody post original article, again!

Slab this fish and it's real story should be a sticky!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    Hahahah, c'mon surely everyone has seen this pic by now, Marty zimmer, 4.5 lbs caught in Kincaid lake in march of 2010 on a grizzly jig!
    Thanks King-for clearing up the matter-first i had heard of it--it is a nice fish for sure
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a real one. 18" Long, 17 1/2" Girth. Weighed on 2 different scales....3.9 on a digital, 4 1/4 on a spring. I would tend to believe the digital, but hey, I'm a fisherman, I rounded UP to 4lbs and split the difference I was fishing on a dock for perch for catfishing with an ultra light, 2lb test, and a 1/64 oz orange body, white head, "Wanda's jig". What a shock when I saw her! Name:  191653_1915043314698_1200417136_2333419_5545088_o.jpg
Views: 5185
Size:  50.6 KBName:  191887_1915042794685_1200417136_2333415_4822751_o.jpg
Views: 5256
Size:  53.2 KB
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Well did ya catch a Catfish on her? LOL Seriously , that's a hawg! Did you have it mounted? I would have even if it was an accidental catch.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is again.... was posted in our Heartland Outdoor Magazine Crappie
    4 pounds, 5 ounces
    March 15, 2010

Big Fish Board

Mike Zimmer’s 4-5 crappie

Mon, March 15, 2010

Mike Zimmer of Waterloo caught this 4-pound, 5-ounce crappie out of Kinkaid Lake on a chilly March 15. The fish, believed to be a white crappie, is just two ounces short of the state record.
    The Illinois record white crappie weighed 4 pounds, 7 ounces and was caught by Kevin Dennis in a private pond in Morgan County on April 8, 1973.
    “It was unbelievable,” Zimmer told Rod Kloeckner of the Belleville News-Democrat. “It’s probably like catching an 8- or 9-pound bass or a 70-pound flathead (catfish). Crappie fisherman know just how big something like this is.”
    Zimmer said he was using a 12-foot crappie pole, a slip bobber and a Grizzly jig tipped with a minnow near some flooded trees in 2-10 feet of water.
    The fish was 19 inches long and had a 16-inch girth and was one of 25 Zimmer caught that day. Kloeckner reported that Zimmer also had a 3-pounder and one that weighed 3 pounds, 8 ounces.

“It was huge, I’ll tell you that. I about fell over when I saw it,” said John Wanless of Frank’s Real Bait Shop in Gorham. “They weighed it at home and then what I heard they took it to (Bass Pro Shops) in St. Charles and had it weighed there, too.”
    This is not the first big crappie out of Kinkaid. Wanless said Ron Kumke of Chester caught a 3-5 slab last year on March 10 and this year had fish of 3 pounds on March 10 and then a 3-8 slab on March 11.
    “There’s numerous 3-pound plus fish coming out of Kinkaid,” Wanless said. “And most of them are coming from the upper end of the lake. But it’s muddy up there sometimes, so I don’t know how far up they are going.”
    The Illinois record black crappie weighed 4 pounds, 8 ounces and was caught by John Hampton in Rend Lake on May 15, 1976.
    The record hybrid crappie was 4 pounds, 8.3 ounces and was caught by teenager Marcus Miller on May 14, 2008 out of a farm pond in Jefferson County.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    Well did ya catch a Catfish on her? LOL Seriously , that's a hawg! Did you have it mounted? I would have even if it was an accidental catch.
    LOL. Yeah, you should have seen the Catfish! She's on the wall with a minner in her mouth and a piece of wood on her left side.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That ain't no white crappie, it's a black.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast