Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Advice for destination with an RV and boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice for destination with an RV and boat.

Hi all...last year I got an RV in which I can tow my boat behind. I was thinking about venturing out for a trip in early April with my rig and boat. The issue is that once I launch my boat I have to go set up the RV in its spot..requiring leveling...canopy...all the whistles and bells etc...so I need a place to go where the boat doesnt have to come out of the water each day. Somewhere that perhaps has a close dock or a place to just pull it up on shore near the camper where I could run and extention cord to it to charge the batteries. My boat is not fancy...aluminum fisher 16 footer with a 25HP engine so it can be pulled up on a soft bank and tied up. Have been to Kentucky and Barkley so looking for another destination. Maybe a smaller lake with a boat dock with power near the campground maybe? Have always wanted to try Green River but I cant tell on the net if they have the facility i need to overnight my boat near a campgound. Any help would be apprectiated. Thank you in advance.

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

CP! Check pm!
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

CP
    Don't know how far you want to travel, gas being so cheap, but we love Big Water RV resort on Santee Cooper, SC. They have boat slips protected from wind and wakes and easy walking distance to RV. If you have kids, they have a lazy river and swimming pool plus game rooms and putt putt to keep them amused. You will be on the shore of one of the great fishing lakes in the US.
    Here is the link Big Water Lake Club Campground, Summerton, SC | RVParking.com

If you decide to come down, PM me and I will give you some tips on areas to fish.
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Red face lakeside camping

carpPoop i have been camping in the land between the lakes Hileman Ferry campgrounds for the last 10 years. I fish from a alum. boat and can find some sites where I leave the boat in and even charge the batterys from the water overnite I notice that this year they have opened more waterfront sites to first come no resveration. If your camper has a generater there are plenty of campsites at other areas of the lake that have campsites that you can beach your boat overnight, smith bay, sugar bay and many more on Ky Lake and Barkey. My r v doesnt have generater so I use elec and water sites. The LBL has become my fav. camping of all. Welcome to camping and fishing in west Ky. JUST DONT GET MY SITES DAVE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarpPoop View Post
    Hi all...last year I got an RV in which I can tow my boat behind. I was thinking about venturing out for a trip in early April with my rig and boat. The issue is that once I launch my boat I have to go set up the RV in its spot..requiring leveling...canopy...all the whistles and bells etc...so I need a place to go where the boat doesnt have to come out of the water each day. Somewhere that perhaps has a close dock or a place to just pull it up on shore near the camper where I could run and extention cord to it to charge the batteries. My boat is not fancy...aluminum fisher 16 footer with a 25HP engine so it can be pulled up on a soft bank and tied up. Have been to Kentucky and Barkley so looking for another destination. Maybe a smaller lake with a boat dock with power near the campground maybe? Have always wanted to try Green River but I cant tell on the net if they have the facility i need to overnight my boat near a campgound. Any help would be apprectiated. Thank you in advance.
    Lone Valley Campground is right on the water. You can leave your boat beached there with no problem. You will have to take your battery out to charge cause it's a little ways to the campsites. Over on Pikes Ridge you can do the same but there are limited amounts of electric and water sites.

TG
    tgordon
    Salvisa, KY

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Holmes Bend. There is a COE campground. The marina may have slip you can rent.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-16-2012 at 06:28 AM.