Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MDC Enforcement Division and agency spending ...questions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default MDC Enforcement Division and agency spending ...questions?

I attended a meeting Thurs night in Greenfield to establish a branch of a state wide organization called Common Sense Conservationists.

Larry Dablemont was the speaker and listed issues with the MDC enforcement division and also some questionable spending habits of MDC upper level management. He and others on the podium were quick to state that the organization will not be an MDC "witch hunt" and recognized the good work done by most MDC staff...but? They stated the organization was to assist those who appeared to be "victimized" by the MDC and to bring some public pressure to bare on questionable spending issues.

The instances he listed of individuals cited for fishing without a license were pretty shocking. He cited an older couple where the man had parkinsons' and couldn't fish but helped his wife bait her hook. With only one pole in their possession he was cited for fishing without a license. Another was of a young man who was asked to help a fishman net his fish and he to was cited...with only one pole present. He also mentioned some spending issues...one being a $155,000 award to a former MDC employee to write a book with no bids.

It appears from the responses when I mentioned this on another web site that Mr. Dablemont has issues with MDC.

Now I could care less if he loves, hates, or has relatives who work for MDC.

However, if even 50% of what he said over those 2 hours has some thread of truth it appears to me certain aspects of the MDC need some investigation.

So to my question after coming back to Missouri 5 years ago after a 20 year absense: Do members of the group see issues out there with MDC enforcement and sportsman?

Is there a need for such a group as described above?

Post Thanks / Like

Oxymoron---Common Sense Conservationists ---Just not natural sounding! EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

When you give someone power (to enforce rules, fine, etc) they will use it. Then they will over-use it. Then they will abuse it.

Especially if they've never had power before.

It's just human nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as they say "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutley!"

Post Thanks / Like

"Unfortuneately, in most cases, giving a person petty powers leads to them becoming a petty dictator; be very wise therefore whom you give absolute power to..." Socrates