Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boat advise

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat advise

Just went to our boat show, and one boat that moved up on my short list is a SeaArk Stealth 206. Was checking out Xpress, Crestliner, Lowes and G3. I have a 17' now, and wanting to go a bit larger, but this 20' SeaArk was a pretty nice set up. Only draw back was only one livewell. So I'm here looking for advise to see what anyone knows about this boat. Such as stability, handling, and overall performance. It will probably be paired with a 115 Merc. 4/stroke. Within a few years, whatever boat I get will have a permanent home at Lake of the Ozarks. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any info on that specific boat but have you checked into the excel crappie series boats. Look similar to war eagle but with a few differences as well. They are made in your neck of the woods as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Test ride if at all possible. I found that a boat I absolutely loved and wanted until I fished out of one, and it was a horrible experience to fish from. Test ride, test fish, test ride and test fish again. Boats cost to dern much money to get it wrong. But I do like the looks of them Sea Arks.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted some pics of the war eagle predator 961, a 19 foot version of Cane Poles 17 1/2' and a very sweet ride. Worth looking at. I'm in a glass bass boat so I'm no help. I looked at the Grizzly 2072 with no interior at all and was stunned at the space inside. You could put my boat inside this thing. You wouldn't have to mount seats in it, just use lawn chairs. Good luck in your search. What Huntinslabs said is spot on, what looks good doesn't always work.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Canepoles 861 is 18' 6"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, this my first post but wanted to chime in. I'm also seriously considering a Stealth 206 with a 150 Merc. 4-stroke. I currently fish with a friend who has the 186 with a 115 Merc. 4-stroke. The only thing that I dislike about his boat is the battery box for the trolling motor is up front and the rod boxes are kinda small with no carpet. That being said the boat is very stable and will top out with 2 really big fellas and gear at about 48 mph. His is a 2011, the 2012's have moved the battery box to the rear and added the option of a recessed trolling motor foot pedal. I think that a 115 would be a little small for the 206 but thats just me. All and all the SeaArk is a well built boat with great attention to detail.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kyrich. The one I was referring to is a foot longer and rated for a 150 with a vinyl floor covering. It looks sweet to me.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the Stealth 186 at the Knoxville boat show a couple weeks ago, and really liked what I saw as well. I liked the width of the boat, climbed up on it and moved around, the thing seemed hugh to me, nice wide and open floor plan, I thought the rod boxes were carpeted, but can't remember now that you mentioned that. I was also thinking all the batts were located in the rear, so I was looking at the 2012. Reviews of Sea Ark and that boat are hard to find, but the few comments I found were all positive about Sea Ark, a good solid boat. Overall I was impressed with the boat, and would consider it, but like they said, a test drive and fish session is a great thing to do before signing on the line.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

ya know it really seems like an easy decision, but it's really not. Excel is on my list, but with all the diff boat manufacturers at the boat show, I never found an excel boat. I have fished out of a couple of boats that are on my list, but seaark and xpress I've never been in. Ok, another question for you guys, I'm used to getting in some pretty tight places with my 17' Fisher, will I be cussin up a storm with a 20' boat? The seaark, while it was 3ft longer but it really looked manuverable. Or is this something that I really don't need to worry about.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to practice your cussing because 3 ft is a lot of difference in snag infested waters, thats my opinion, others may differ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast