Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: rod holder installation

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod holder installation

I got my new rod holders yesterday. I brought 2 sets of hitecs on the advise from several other members. After putting them together I really like the looks of them. Does anyone have some advise you would give before I get started on the installation. Good fishing tmcdaniel

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great choice on holders. If you have a double seat setup already that will help. If not put a couple foldin hairs in the boat and find a comfortable spot for them. Take into account where the trolling motor will be when raising and lowering it. I just turn mine about 45 degrees and it let's the cord and motor go right over the rack. I will a pic or two of mine when I find them.

Post Thanks / Like

First two pics are of my Hi-Teks and the third is of my Perroti's. If you need bigger pics or more info just shoot me a pm.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

All good info! Here are a few pics of mine. They are mounted to the rack we built for the seats. At the time we built it there was not a good double seat available. The whole thing just sits in the boat and comes out as one unit. Works pretty well!
    Name:  IMG_0278.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  37.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0280.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  33.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0282.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  38.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good to me Mark. Next time I see ya I will tell about a cool way to make a minnow bucket holder for you center pedestal. Will keep you from having to bend over and reach for them. You should have plenty of room for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a picture of the seat bases I used before my Add A Seat. They worked well but were kind of a pain to move from the front to the back of the boat when moving from place to place. Faulkenberry is using them know for his guide trips. Need to get him to guide me sometime for payment on them

Dexter did you end up with this type of seat bases? If so I have some small ratchet type straps and hooks to hold them in place while running or driving to the lake. If so let me know and I will throw them in on the rod deal we just made.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

We started with card table chairs on Eufaula, worked well till they slipped off the back edge

Kind of a bad feelin when you realize what you might be fallen on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkey Log View Post
    All good info! Here are a few pics of mine. They are mounted to the rack we built for the seats. At the time we built it there was not a good double seat available. The whole thing just sits in the boat and comes out as one unit. Works pretty well!
    Name:  IMG_0278.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  37.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0280.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  33.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0282.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  38.6 KB
    That's a good looking setup, Mark. Good job.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I put one t-bar with 4 holders front and center (boat too small for side by side seating) and a small t-bar with holders for 2 rods on either side of the front and back decks (a little aft of the fishing seats). Use the holders on the side for still fishing with slip float rigs. Keeps the old man (and old fishing partner) from bending over or kicking rods in the drink. Lets me still fish with 2 rods and cast with another. Haven't tried spider rigging, though that was the main reason for installing the front bar. They are strong but I managed to pull one out of 3/4" marine plywood when I used it to pull my fat self out of the seat... I know... lose weight...

Post Thanks / Like

Mark and Jarod- How tall are your rod holders? We installed double pedestals in our boats this weekend and need to increase the height on our racks. Would like to see that minnow bucket holder also.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast