Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ February ICE BOWL tournament results.

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ February ICE BOWL tournament results.

Yes it was a very cold day, and yes everyone told us we were nuts to be out there fishing. I had already caught a cold on tuesday so i was battling on wether to fish or not. I felt better on friday so i got my fishing stuff packed in the car and ready to go. Left in a frozen car at 4:30 am to head to the lake think that i'll show up, fish for an hour and find a nice warm place to eat. Bugman calls me at 4:45 says he is up and ready to go. I call Slabscab and tell him that i"ll meet him at his house, but he says he will drive across the lake and pick me up at the ramp. I make it to the ramp and get out of the car and the wind is blowing right up the cove and the ramp and it is more than just freezing. Seejimfish and Rippinlip is putting in and taking off. Trackergrizz and Missourian decide that they will trailer to the Gravois instead of driving on the water. Slabscab calls me and tells me his livewell hose broke and his boat has water up to the steering wheel. He gets it pump out, but the steering cable is froze and the trolling motor cable is froze. Took awhile to heat up and free up. Started up the motor and the water is not pump out the weep hole, must be froze to. Used the electric trolling motor to fish with till everything unthawed a little. Bugman called and said Joes new boat won't crank fast enough to start. They had to pull out and go to the hardware store to buy jumper cables. Seems like the cold is just as hard on the boats as it is on the people. We caught fish right away, as in slabscab caught fish right away. I had to be schooled in to slowing it down for these winter fish. Thanks to everyone that showed up.
    Tournament Result
    Speckbuster Big fish 1.10 lb Total fish 6.40 lbs
    Bugman/Warbird Big fish 1.00 lb Total fish 5.05 lbs
    Others in the tournament
    Seejimfish/Rippinlip Keving266 Trackergriz/Missourian Slabscab/LSL Angler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm SO glad I was in NO shape to fish this weekend!!!!!! Say what you will.......but after reading this I'm glad I don't have my sea legs yet! Hope everyone had a good time and glad all got back safe. I hate this winter weather...maybe next week will be spring again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

it was so nice to start out with a flat didnt get to fish ware i planed & so we all know us guys aren't the only crazy ones out there my girlfriend was fishing with me

Post Thanks / Like

man yous guy is tough.... congrtats on the day

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to anyone fishing in that crap. Its expected from us crazy duck hunters but crappie men, congrats again.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Always considered myself pretty tough on fishing bad conditions but I'm a wuss by comparison. Congrats to the Lake O guys,,,,or condolences whichever.....

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to all that fished in that cold weather! Too cold for me...

Post Thanks / Like

That is hardcore slab hunting right there folks.........you are all much tougher than I am. Glad everyone had a safe day and found some fish........good work. Congrats to the winners, and everyone else who braved the elements.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted to be there. But after reading this report, I think was lucky I was busy this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

It was good to see everyone. Looking forward to next month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast