Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Action??

What type of action do I want on spider rigging poles???

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot depends on how agressive you fish. Larger weights and faster speed dictates stiffer pole faster action. Slow speed and lighter weights lighter, and slower action. Single jig, double hook rig with weight and jig. You will get all kinds of advice on different poles and they are all good. Main thing is matching a pole with what you want to do and in a price range you can afford. It would help a lot if you could tell us just how you intend to fish with them.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I use the BnM Capps & Coleman 12' trolling rods. I troll anything from 1/8 oz jig to 3/4 oz minnow rigs and they work well.

What type of weight and style do you mainly troll? (i.e. pulling cranks, spider rigging, or longlining) The style and weight can dictate the rod choice and preference.
    BnM Poles *** Lake Fork Trophy Lures *** Bee Ready- Rod Holders for a Lifetime

Post Thanks / Like

I am set up to do a lot of spider rigging. I plan on using minnows or a small jig. Just whatever works best on the lake. I am just starting out and learning most of the stuff I know from you all. Plenty of experience in this site to help a guy get started

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I spider rig with 1 bait per pole.... Jig or minnow or jig tipped with a minnow...

I like a sensitive tip but fairly good backbone...

Immediately when a fish is hooked... I want enough backbone in the rod to get his head turned up and coming toward the surface...sometimes, once I get the fish heading toward the surface, I will use that upward momentum to continue the fish all the way into the boat...(unless the fish is too big to lift and needs netting)..

I use the discontinued Wally Marshall Universal from BPS but I'm sure the new Crappie Max from BPS would have similar action...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I like the BnM PST trollers.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

X2 on PST
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

ModerateFast to Moderate, match the power to your weight and speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    I spider rig with 1 bait per pole.... Jig or minnow or jig tipped with a minnow...

I like a sensitive tip but fairly good backbone...

Immediately when a fish is hooked... I want enough backbone in the rod to get his head turned up and coming toward the surface...sometimes, once I get the fish heading toward the surface, I will use that upward momentum to continue the fish all the way into the boat...(unless the fish is too big to lift and needs netting)..

I use the discontinued Wally Marshall Universal from BPS but I'm sure the new Crappie Max from BPS would have similar action...

Rickie
    Wally's new line is far superior to the bps copies.

I use bnm pst's, best all around trollin pole on the market!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

x3 on B&M PST, best all around trolling pole out there, you can troll light weight single jigs or heavy weighted double minnow rigs. The tip is very sensitive and the pole has plenty of backbone to control very big fish. I prefer the 14' models.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
    X2 on PST
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast